Layouter rendering times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layouter rendering times

I'm outputting a small 6 minute video file to Mpeg 2 from Edius 6.08. The project is layouter intensive but the problem is that it's taking forever to render the file out. Already gone for 25 minutes and it says it has a further 20 minutes to go.
    Usually the Mpeg 2 renders out in a few minutes ... any suggestions. Is this caused by lots of clips with layouter applied ...?
    Richard

mpeg2 HD or SD?

SD should export in 2 min or less (regardless of layouter use)
    HD should export in 3 min or less

unless your C drive (which is used by EDIUS for temp) or export drives are too full or failing
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks Anton. Hmmmm ... interesting. It's an SD project. I'll do some checking of PC.

Comment

also, make sure that if you have an antivirus program, that all EDIUS folders and media storage drives are in the exclusion list
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I just wanted to briefly re visit this thread as I'm back on the same project again.
          Recently I have encoded many other projects to SD Mpeg 2 from 1920 x 1080 50i and the speed has been very fast. However When I do some encoding on this project it slows down painfully.
          The only thing I can think causing this is that I have a number of png stills animating via layouter on the timeline.
          Does anyone think that png's would cause slow rendering times ...?

Comment

is your QuickTime player up to date? it is used for still images

are they png8 or png24 images?

tga usually give the best still performance, they don't rely on products that grow on trees
            Anton Strauss

Comment

I have no idea what they are but each image is about 16 meg in size. Do you think thats why they are slowing things down ...?
              The reason I was using png was for the transparency they give.

Comment

you don't need png for that, standard Photoshop files will do

16mb per still is huge, that will slow you and QT player
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X