Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THoff View Post
    <rant>
    I've never seen P2 Select start automatically, and I actually use that every time because I have a Panasonic HVX200 -- P2 Select doesn't appear in the System Tray until I run it from the Capture menu. If I work on an existing project and don't capture new material into it, then P2 Select doesn't start.

XD Select on the other hand always wants to start as soon as I open Edius: Lame with a capital L! I'm a software engineer by trade and would be embarrased by something like that -- I'd like to slap my colleague in Japan upside the head with a sliderule!
    </rant>
    I have begged several times for them to make the XD Select startup optional, but no luck so far.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've heard that the mid-quality recording mode on the EX1 is fully HDV compatible, so if necessary you could record in HDV and capture via Firewire to the HQ format for a workflow we know works today. That would also give you more recording time than the full quality mode, so could be useful for event videography.

Rusty: if you hear of any way we can get our hands on an EX1 for testing purposes, let me know. We have SPVA meetings scheduled for November 28 and January 9, so either of those would be a good date to have the camera available.

- Kevin
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

I was just in B&H IN NY (Wow is that an experience) and they looked up when the release date was for them to have it, and they said any day now.

Comment

Working...
        X