• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
    Nice app.
    I tried it and got 49 for my raptor 36gb 10,000rpm C: drive and 112 for my raid 0 drive, which is the one Edius says is too slow to capture to!!!

Graham
    your drive speed is fine

I get higher speed because I use 15000rpm SCSI drives, using such a drive as a C drive makes the PC very zappy, look at the access time of my drive and then compare to yours

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by manbart View Post
    Here are the results on the G-Sata external 1TB software raid

Linear Read
    MB's Read 505.5625
    Elapsed Time 5.000
    Speed 101.3052 MB/Sec

Random Read
    MB's Read 18,5000

Access Time
    Accesses 782

Overall Score 15964
    your drive speed is fine

Leave a comment:

• manbart
    replied
    Re: Disk Speed Results

Here are the results on the G-Sata external 1TB software raid

Linear Read
    MB's Read 505.5625
    Elapsed Time 5.000
    Speed 101.3052 MB/Sec

Random Read
    MB's Read 18,5000

Access Time
    Accesses 782

Overall Score 15964

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I've captured 276 minute DV tapes in one file without problems before. They are large single files. They were about 59-60GB in size.

I prefer to use scene detection if the DV data carries correct timestamp information.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I capture whole mini dv tapes in one go and have it as one file and it is fine for me.
    I haven't had to do more than an hour yet, as all the analogue conversions I've done are short pieces.
    I capture to my raid drive.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Graham,

Will Edius capture properly if it does not divide files? (my issue)

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Nice app.
    I tried it and got 49 for my raptor 36gb 10,000rpm C: drive and 112 for my raid 0 drive, which is the one Edius says is too slow to capture to!!!

Graham

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    could you download diskspeed from www.roadkil.net (it is free) and let us know the results

Leave a comment:

• manbart
    replied
    Test in Megabytes

This bench mark gives the results in Megabytes over a period of time or compared to the number of megabytes transfered to or from the disk. What I was most interested in was the comparison to my other drives. In smokes the Raptor, which is what I expected. The performance seems pretty good. Off that drive I'm playing HD and also uncompressed SD very smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    these are terrible results, you have a serious problem

I am getting 91 MB/sec on my C drive and 189 MB/sec on video drive raid0

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...iskspeed-C.gif

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...iskspeed-V.gif

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    yeah... it's too slow, unless he measured in Megabyte.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    15.6MB/sec?
    Surely it must be much higher. Take a look at the speeds again (What are you using to do the tests?)

If it's RAID0 and connected via 3.0Gbps eSATA, then you can easily hit above 100MB/sec.

Leave a comment:

• manbart
    started a topic External 1TB software raid

External 1TB software raid

I just set up a G-TECH esata 1TB external hard drive. It consists of a very high quality enclosure with a nice quiet fan. It comes with a small PCI esata adapter card. It has two Hitachi 500G hard drives. I have them in a 1TB software raid. In PassMark hard disk test the G-Tech esata 1Tb software raid is getting a instantaneous disk speed of 15.6 MB-Sec. For comparison my 75G 10,00 RPM Raptor system drive is getting 6.8.MB Sec, and my Seagate 300G 7200 RPM applications drive is getting 4.3MB Sec.

The G-TECH is relatively expensive but it's high quality. I wanted to get my video editing drive out of my computer box. I'll have quad core processors, Gforce 8800 Video card, two hard drives, and the NX Express in it already. . . that's a lot of heat. This way the video drive will be sitting on my desk top in a nice relatively cool enclosure.

When I bought this thing I remembered many years ago buying a 500MB hard drive for about what I payed for this, and thinking that surely I'd never fill up that 500MB drive!

Tilford
Working...
X