6.52 alpha problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.52 alpha problem

As seen in image 01, I have a sequence with video that has masks. In image 2, you see when I nest this sequence, it doesn't show correctly. (It's missing the right pictures).

What's wrong?
    Attached Files
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Is it an alpha project?
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

The two screen shots will show you two very important items that need to be used.
      The first screen shot is the main overall alpha setting.
      Alpha 1.png

The second screen shot make sure the Combine Filters....tick box is checked.
      Combine Filters.png
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

My project settings was already set to +alpha (like in first photo.) Your second image: was was not checked. I checked it but it didn't solve the problem.
        Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

What about using a track matte? Did you try that?
          Page 372/530 in Acrobat.
          Last edited by Jerry; 12-20-2012, 04:06 PM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Why should I have to use a track matte? All I did was nest a sequence. Why doesn't it carry over it's attributes into the nested sequence? If it's an alpha channel, why do I see the left image? This is also with a mask as is the right image.

Comment

Ok, OK, don't use a track matte. Did you restart Edius after you applied the check to the tick box.
              From what your picture shows this is similar to what you want to do. I created the masks in one sequence and put the bottom layer
              into position in a different sequence.

Mask Alpha.jpg
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

It depends . If you are using a filter or keyer which does not have support for the new alpha yet only one part will show because the top track will loose its alpha. ( as in cannot follow it in a nested sequence..as it was before)
                Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                  It depends . If you are using a filter or keyer which does not have support for the new alpha yet only one part will show because the top track will loose its alpha. ( as in cannot follow it in a nested sequence..as it was before)
                  The only alpha on that sequence is from the EDIUS Mask where all I did was create a mask and make the outside of the mask 0% opacity.

Comment

Are you using any filters on the clips?
                    Steve

Comment

Yes, I have Addition on the right side one. When I uncheck it, then it's ok. Why is this? Addition and Mask are both from Edius.

Comment

That's why I posted number 8 in this thread. It explains it.
                        Can you post a shot of the info pallet of the clip?
                        Steve

Comment

The two images are the clip info.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I mean the information pallet where you can see filters and keyers
                            Steve

Comment

Attached is the information.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X