This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there update for win 8

is there any update for edius 6.0x for winodws 8?(for example i have edius 6.07 but it deos not work in windows 8)
    i do not access the 6.5 or later like 6.52
    there is no way to use 6.07 in windows 8?

is there a reason you wish to use Win8 when Win7 is better?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

but all new pc's now come with window 8 installed as standard.

Comment

i agree with the mattie and why do you say the 7 is better than 8?i do not agree with that.
        i had win7 for 2 years and now i have win8 for about 2 months.and i really can say that 8 is better and grass valley should release an update for this version of windows

Comment

The only version that is rated for Win 8 is 6.52. I wouldn't expect otherwise.
          Personally, I never go to a new OS until after SP1. I think the start menu will return at that point.

Yes, new computers are coming with Win 8, but many manufactures are still offering Win 7 instead of Win 8. Sales are sluggish and the start menu gone walk about is not helping.
          I do not buy manufactured computers. Either I build it or George Dame builds it. So, Win 7 still would be my choice at this point.

If you have a tablet or touch screen, Win 8 is the way to go. For my desktop, I could care less about the tiles. I want to have a start menu. There are ways to get it back, but I do believe it will return with SP1.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

The argument in favor of Win8 is completely valid and GV knows how easily it is to be left behind.
            The Start menu is easily replaced and the Desktop returns to it's former self with some good freeware.

This may actually be the best justification to move to 6.5x.
            I may be old, but decided to stay ahead on this one. If it doesn't work out of the box then there's a real problem.
            Last edited by Rusty; 12-15-2012, 08:48 PM.
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              ... I never go to a new OS until after SP1. ...
              Me too!
              kurt
              HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
              SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19044.2130), Firefox u.a.
              NLE: EDIUS-X(10.33.9547)-WG; RESOLVE-18.1.0.0016 Studio

// Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Originally posted by omidreza View Post
                i agree with the mattie and why do you say the 7 is better than 8?i do not agree with that.
                i had win7 for 2 years and now i have win8 for about 2 months.and i really can say that 8 is better and grass valley should release an update for this version of windows
                so you move to the latest Windows but not the latest EDIUS? any reason?
                Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I guess the reason would be the upgrade cost of v6.5 PLUS the cost of upgrading all the plugins such as Mercalli etc. GV I suspect could easily make v6.08 Win8 compatible as I tried v6.00 and it seemed to work fine on Win8 whereas v6.08 does not. Somewhere between these two versions the incompatability was introduced, pity.
                  i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                  RAM 32 GB.
                  ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                  PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                  Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                  OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                  Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                  SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

Originally posted by omidreza View Post
                    We have released a version which is compatible with Windows 8. Version 6.5 which is now at 6.52 is compatible. So if you need it please upgrade.
                    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Edius now has a pretty decent video stabilizer built-in so you may be able to get away with not updating Mercalli. I've used the built-in one a few times and it is very fast (plus it does the analysis in the background) and works quite well. It doesn't have nearly as much control as Mercalli provides, but so far I haven't needed more.

Comment

here are some news about Win8

doe the enormous amount of complaints about Win8, microsoft will release Windows Blue next year to replace Win8

I think Win8 is a short lived product like Vista or ME
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

windows blue will not replace win 8.
                          it is a windows that may be will be free.microsoft makes it free that can anyone update it.
                          and all sites say that it is a family of windows 8

Comment

After having a computer company for many years all I can say is this about Windows 8, Have you ever in the past seen such a cheap price for an operating system from Microsoft or for an upgrade? Not me!

Steve
                            Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

about OS of microsoft like win8 all of the people have any suggestion and opinion
                              but a company that have a program(like grass valley) should release update for all operating systems that any one with any OS can use their programs

Comment

Working...
                              X