Edit Nothing (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Nothing (again)

I get a short clip from my client. It's an Mp4...Plays fine in windows media and quicktime...Bring it to Ediu 6.52s...lips sync smacked....OK once again I think... This may be the 4th file in a row that didn't just go in...not like the old days... So I convert the file to HQ...Lip sync fixed ( I think).....this is 15 seconds of video folks.... I cut out the beginning by clicking on the track and using the razor tool remove the unwanted 5 seconds and SMACK lip sync shattered....BY ALOT...
    I'm editing a Edius HQ file now and lip sync gets smacked by a CUT??? THERE IS NOTHING ELSE ON THE TIME LINE.

Thanks for any help
    Jdroadie
    Philly, PA
    Edius 7.53 HDSpark, I7920, GTX470 Win7 64

The audio of the HQ file should be "cooked" at the point - so the audio shouldn't go out of sync unless you're not using a VA track or something...

BTW the "play through" in WMP/etc process is very different from what an NLE does. NLEs look for frames/fields. It's the equivalent of using the scrub bar to jump from point to point in the player, and often times with highly-compressed formats like MPEG-4, even that will throw audio out of sync, which is why it falls out of sync in an NLE.

Comment

exactly

The audio should be locked in when we "Convert File" to HQ...That's why I would do that and why I wrote in. And yes it was just 20 seconds of video on a VA track. What's weird is that it was in sync till I did the cut.
      Jdroadie
      Philly, PA
      Edius 7.53 HDSpark, I7920, GTX470 Win7 64

Comment

That really doesn't make sense to me.

Can you show the waveform and see if it shifts after you make the cut?

Comment

Could you post the clip somewhere so we can test it.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
          X