third monitor with overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• third monitor with overlay

I would like to use two PCI-E cards and output an overlay to the third monitor. But I would like to keep the preview and recorder monitors in monitor number 2 with the bin and effects/information/marker in number 1 monitor. Is anyone doing this? If so, how???
    Al Caudullo
    Explore 3D Productions
    "Because the world isn't flat, so why watch it that way?"
    3D Evangelist
    www.exploreworldtv.com
    www.3dGuy.tv
    Skype ID: al.caudullo

I have seen that setup working with a single matrox parhellia card...
    Aristotelis Bafaloukos
    Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
    BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Originally posted by aldigitalguy View Post
      I would like to use two PCI-E cards and output an overlay to the third monitor. But I would like to keep the preview and recorder monitors in monitor number 2 with the bin and effects/information/marker in number 1 monitor. Is anyone doing this? If so, how???
      Why not just use the NX card video output? - works beautifully if your 3rd display montior also has component inputs.
      VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
      MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

Comment

trying to save money

In a perfect world, I would do just that. But I have solved the problem and I feel kind of silly. The answer was so simple and I just tryed to complicate it!
        I installed a second Gigabyte NVidia GT7600 with the jumper cable to link the cards together. Then hooked up the 3rd monitor, installed the drivers for the 2nd card ( it was recognized when I booted up) and used the 'New' Control Panel menu under 'Television Settings'. They have one simple button that takes the overlay and plays it on a monitor by itself. I am using a Benq 32" LCD and the native resolution is 1920x1080. It looks great!
        Al Caudullo
        Explore 3D Productions
        "Because the world isn't flat, so why watch it that way?"
        3D Evangelist
        www.exploreworldtv.com
        www.3dGuy.tv
        Skype ID: al.caudullo

Comment

Working...
        X