Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axjzgs
    • Sep 2012

Edit out background noise

How can I edit out or reduce background noise with EDIUS NEO 3?
  • dpalomaki
    • Oct 2007

Audio or video noise?
    What kind of background noise?

For video noise - consider NeatVideo (running in VDub) as one well respected tool.

For audio noise, what can be done depends on the type of noise. Some can reduced by filters, especially if they are at fixed frequencies and/or out of the range of frequencies that are of interest.

A number of audio editing programs such as Audition include effective noise reduction filters that can be applied to remove noise. (In general you will need to save the audio as a separate WAV file to use them.)

Comment

• Bluetongue
      • May 2007

For Audio, Izotope RX2 works well for me and plugs into Edius, there are others as well

For what its worth
      Barry
      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 990X@4G, 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

• axjzgs
        • Sep 2012

Thanks for your advice!

Comment

• Philip
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Bluetongue
          For Audio, Izotope RX2 works well for me and plugs into Edius, there are others as well

For what its worth
          Barry
          Bluetongue.... I won a copy of Izotope RX2 Advanced at NAB this year at the Edius get together. I can't get it to plug in to Edius. I have tried all the tricks I can think of and it still doesn't show up in my filters. I have to use it externally where it works great but it's a pain of a workflow. How did you get it to plugin to Edius. I am on 6.52 as well.

Thanks,
          Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

• Bluetongue
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Philip
            Bluetongue.... I won a copy of Izotope RX2 Advanced at NAB this year at the Edius get together. I can't get it to plug in to Edius. I have tried all the tricks I can think of and it still doesn't show up in my filters. I have to use it externally where it works great but it's a pain of a workflow. How did you get it to plugin to Edius. I am on 6.52 as well.

Thanks,
            Philip
            In the VST Bridge Add the following directory

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins" for Win 7 for XP just drop the (x86)

That is where the program places the interface files, Bad that the information is hidden away in the help file, you are just expected to know
            A lot of other VST's do the same

REgards Barry
            Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
            GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 990X@4G, 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors

Comment

• Philip
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Bluetongue
              Philip
              In the VST Bridge Add the following directory

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins" for Win 7 for XP just drop the (x86)

That is where the program places the interface files, Bad that the information is hidden away in the help file, you are just expected to know
              A lot of other VST's do the same

REgards Barry
              I tried that and can't find that exact directory. In my Program Files(x86)\Steinberg directory I have a sub folder for Wavelab LE 7 which is an app that came with an audio device a while back. There is no VSTPlugins directory in the Steinberg folder.

I do have a VSTPlugins directory at C:\Program Files\Vstplugins that has all the Izotope RX2 .dll files. I have pointed to that from the VST Bridge but they aren't recognized either.

Where did you find in the documentation the path to point to? I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
              Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Comment

• Bluetongue
                • May 2007

Philip
                1: Directory in VST Bridge is as shown in screen grab, no other sub directory
                2: if it still does not show re install RX2

Hope that helps
                Regards Barry
                Attached Files

Comment

• Philip
                  • May 2007

Never mind....I got it figured out. I actually had to go into the standalone RX2 Advanced app and use the manage plugins function and activate them. That created a Vstplugin directory in the X86 folder. I pointed to that and they are now there.

Happy Happy.

You are right though..it is a very convoluted process that really is not documented well if at all.

Comment

Working...