Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michaeltobias
    replied
    Good news. The next time I sat down to edit, I tried opening up a project with no video on the timeline and both Play and Record monitors began working fine. I also had been advised to try unplugging (and then plugging back in after about 30 seconds) the power cord on the computer before turning it on in. I guess one or both helped get me editing again. Thanks forum.

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias
    replied
    Thanks for the two above sugesstions. I will try them out when I get in front of the computer tonight. I realize that the system is underpowered but I never had any problems with running the Edius software until the Edius 4.51C upgrade. And actually after doing the clean XP install it all was running fine for about a week until this player/rec window thing popped up. Well, I hope your suggestions resolve the problem because I have always enjoyed the Edius experience! Thanks Forum!

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Open up a new project with nothing in it and try to make the player,recorder window smaller.

And you are way underpowered for Edius. Time to bite the bullet and spend a few dollars.

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    Try changing the overlay method at Harware settings...

Also consider buying a new system...(!)
    Pentium III 1000 MHz is way too slow for Edius 4...

Leave a comment:

• michaeltobias
    started a topic Sudden Play/Rec Frozen Video

Sudden Play/Rec Frozen Video

After a smooth week of editing (since doing an XP Pro Clean Install) my (Dual Mode) Play and Record Monitors began to freeze on whatever frame of video they opened on. If I try to play them, I can see and hear the video playing on my NTSC monitor but there is no movement on the Play/Rec monitors. Also, whatever Settings changes (buttons, for example) I try to make to the Monitor Window will not apply. They just stay at whatever Settings they were set to before I tried to change them. If anyone else has experienced this, please help! I can still work (with the help of the NTSC monitor), but I really miss the Play/Rec monitors! Thanks everyone.
Working...
X