No announcement yet.

Mask

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask

How can I see the video under the Mask while working in Mask in Edius 6, as in screen shot 2.

Thanks,
    Ted
    Attached Files

1 by doing a search on the forum and finding the answer
    2 by checking the manual and finding the answer
    3 By enabling combine filter for effect settings under User settings->Preview ->playback.:)
    (which you would have found by doing the things under point 1 or point 2)
    But point 3 is good enough. :)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I did watcht the tutorials. coul not find the answer. I thout that the forum was to help people that had dificulty finding things. I will try it when I have time.
      Ted

Comment

No worries try point 3. :)

Which is:
        3 By enabling combine filter for effect settings under User settings->Preview ->playback.:)
        Steve

Comment

Now wasent that nicely hiden. I would have expected it to be on the mask by default or at least an option on the manue. It woul also be nice to have a spelcheker on the forum.
          Thank you.
          Ted

Comment

Also it might help you to go to the Function button in Mask (next to the big red X), and check the first 2 options, Apply Mask and Background. This will allow you to see the effects in the Mask monitor
            1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

The forums are for helping people, it used to always be that way going back to the Green and Black Forums of Canopus and the DVRaptor. I do not know why the response is always to look at the tutorials or read the manual, or search the forums. Sometimes you do not turn up what you are looking for, or you just miss something. When you do that you encourage people not to use the forum for fear of being ridiculed.

Comment

We are trying to get people in the habit to FIRST take advantage of the large knowledge base that is now available because of the multiple years of the forum. This base was not there when the forums were new.

This actually HELPS the posters because they can have an instant answer as opposed to waiting for answers.
                1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

To add to to Pat's answer: we always give the answer but it is faster to do a search on the forum because most of these things have been answered many times and this shortens the wait......the searchable manual also is a very fast method.
                  Steve

Comment

With all the settings correct and a mask applied to to the top track should I see the lower track video in the Mask window or just the Rec window. I am using Edius 6.08.
                    Edius Workgroup 9, Edius X Workgroup, Gigabyte X299 UD4, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64.0 GB Corsair Memory, Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Comment

Rec window.
                      Steve

Comment

Mask

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS
                        Also it might help you to go to the Function button in Mask (next to the big red X), and check the first 2 options, Apply Mask and Background. This will allow you to see the effects in the Mask monitor
                        Not sure if I am still missing something. Checking BACKGROUND only shows me a checker mask, not the video below. At least I can see it in the Edius monitor in real time. I am probably spending too much time trying to figure things out and getting frustrated and not getting familiar enough with the manual and forum searches.
                        Can I change the mask shape down the timeline?

I appreciate all the help I get.

Ted
                        Complete Video Image Productions
                        Last edited by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE; 11-12-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
                          Not sure if I am still missing something. Checking BACKGROUND only shows me a checker mask, not the video below.
                          Yes the same here, just a checkerd mask, but it appears directly on the monitor and Spark output so it really doesnt matter

Regards Barry
                          Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                          GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 990X@4G, 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                          Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                          Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎