Trailing effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailing effect

Is there a way in Edius to create a trailing effect on a moving graphic? the best way I can describe this is if anyone used Pinnacle Alladin they had this effect whereby the image would trail as it moved, creating an interesting effect. I tried motion blur, but it does not produce the desired result.

Yes I remember that, it was cool, it can be done in Edius but tedious work, basically you have to stack about 5 graphic on top of each other, put the first graphic on V6, create your move in Layout tool or what ever, then copy and paste that clip below the first clip but offset it by 1 frame to the right, repeat that about 5 times, then make sequence, now this new clip (sequence) is what you are going to use with the first graphic that you made on V6, now add a motion blur of about 92 to that sequence, and put that graphic that you made on V6 right on top of the new clip (sequence)
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Wow, that IS a lot of work...have you actually done it?

Comment

Yeah, it is not really that bad, much of it is copy and paste, just try it and you will see, the more copy and paste you have the more it will look like Alladin.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

So there is no way to do this with in the time effect? In other editors I have see when you modify the time of the clip you can choose how the frames are treated and one allow that effect.

Jeff
          Created Design Video
          "Video production for the common man"

Sager NP9170 i7-3160qm, 8GB ram, 480GB SSD, 240GB HD, GTX675m, 17" HD, Win 10 home 64bit

Panasonic AG-HMC40, AC-160a,
          Edius Pro 8.53

Comment

Working...
          X