No announcement yet.

Printed manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I did the Vistitle Tutorials, I had Kinkos print out the manual and addendum. I had them spiral bound and it made doing the tutorials a breeze. Both cost me $76. I did B&W.

If you want a printed manual, just download the .pdf to a thumbdrive and take that to Kinkos. Color will cost you big money. See what B&W would cost.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

I just looked at the on-line printing cost on their websites by Office Depot and Staples in the USA.

For a B&W copy on 24# plain white paper, double sided, the 520-page E7 manual would run about $45-60 for one copy. Punching and binding would add to that. Color would increase the cost by around x4. A press run of 10 copies would cut the cost nearly in half.

Office Depot lists 10 copies of a paperback manual on 8.5x11" paper with 64# paper for about $400 ($40 each).

Home printing? A nominal 4000 copy OEM HP B&W toner cartridge runs about $100, or 2.5 cents per page - so home printing would run perhaps $13 for toner plus around $10 for paper, and some nominal allowance for other wear on the printer, perhaps another $10 or so.

Printing in small batches (say 40 pages/ 20 sheets at a time) should minimize stress on the printer.

But inkjet cost would be prohibitive.

Comment

Working...
      X