• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by manbart View Post
    Hi,
    I have an older dual xeon 3.2 system, 2gig ram, new Geforce 8800 640mg video card.
    Thanks
    Be carefull with the video card ram...32 bit windows will need adress spaces for that ram which will eat at the limitation....BTW why so much?

Leave a comment:

• manbart
    replied
    RE:Real time is fine now in trial version. Plan to get NX Express

Ok, I got it figured out. I've got a clip that I rendered in Canopus HQ and I'm applying a 3D transition to a graphic file, and I also applied some video filters to the motion video file. It's all in real time now. I plan to get NX Express. Being able to monitor my time line and playback edited clips on a monitor in SD or HD is a must for me. I'll also be upgrading my computer as my motherboard is specifically not compatible with the NX card. I plan to get a new board with 2.6 quad processor, and new fast fam, also G-Tech 1TB esata external software raid setup.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    if the clip properties match the project setting, then you should be able to do many layers and transitions without any stutter

so, if your project is set to DV Pal 50i 48k, and your clips are the same, then realtime will be at maximum performance

with my setup, I only render when using Boris

Leave a comment:

• manbart
    started a topic Edius 4.5 real time problem- Help

Edius 4.5 real time problem- Help

Hi,

I downloaded Edius 4.5 trial. I have a lot of experience with premiere and liquid edition. I don't think it would take me long to get up to speed with Edius. I have an older dual xeon 3.2 system, 2gig ram, new Geforce 8800 640mg video card. I'm not getting the real time I should be with edius. When I apply a transition and play the timeline back, when the playback gets to the transition it slows to a crawl, and stutters a bit. What settings should I be using to get proper realtime?

Thanks
Working...
X