You Tube video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube video

Would someone please look at this video and tell me if I've done something wrong, I used Edius to output to Quick time and deinterlaced, it maybe that's it's the best I can expect from a moving train? the windows of the carrages all get broken up, I tried using wmv which was better but the windows on the moving train had a comb effect on verticals on my monitor, I didn't upload that version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyG4X...1&feature=plcp
    Thanks
    Mick
    this video has now been removed
    Last edited by Mick Mearman; 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM. Reason: link removed
    3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium III, 3.5GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350, Avid Liquid, Edius 6.06, Sony EX1 & EX1R, Panasonic SD700

Well, maybe I'm not too fussy, but it looked pretty good to me. Yes, I see a bit of "judder" when the train windows roll by, but acceptable to me. If the wmv looks even better, you are probably in pretty good shape. I would upload the wmv and see how that looks online. I viewed the clip in HD and enjoyed it. I happen to be working on a new documentary on the history of railroads in the Catskill Mountains, so this was of particular interest.
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

Comment

Hi,
      Looked ok to me too- yes a bit of judder which was not particularly distracting- nice stuff.. You will get a technical answer to this as there are guys on this forum that know internet uploading inside out.

But in the meantime, what format was this shot in and what did you then do to post it to youtube?
      Rod Pike

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
      A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Mearman View Post
        the windows of the carrages all get broken up,Mick
        Yes, I noticed that too.
        Did you try looking here?
        http://vimeo.com/help/compression

Nice video BTW

Tony.
        Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Would someone please look at this video and tell me if I've done something wrong, I used Edius to output to Quick time and deinterlaced, it maybe that's it's the best I can expect from a moving train? the windows of the carrages all get broken up, I tried using wmv which was better but the windows on the moving train had a comb effect on verticals on my monitor, I didn't upload that version.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyG4X...1&feature=plcp
          Thanks
          Mick
          Are you saying that this effect was noticed on your system before you uploaded to You Tube or after?

Here is a link to the requirements for You Tube:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...answer=1297408
          Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Hello all, It was shot in 1080i I then exprorted it in Quick time deinterlaced, 720x1280, John yes the effect was there on the quick time file before I uploaded it, the project was a 1080i one should I have done it in a 720p project and let Edius resize it rather than Quick time?
            Mick
            3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium III, 3.5GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4350, Avid Liquid, Edius 6.06, Sony EX1 & EX1R, Panasonic SD700

Comment

Hello all, It was shot in 1080i I then exprorted it in Quick time deinterlaced, 720x1280, John yes the effect was there on the quick time file before I uploaded it, the project was a 1080i one should I have done it in a 720p project and let Edius resize it rather than Quick time?
              Mick
              What was the reason to export to QT? I upload 720P Mpeg2 all the time
              John Sirb
              Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
              --------------------
              SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

Hello John, I used Quick Time because I saw it recommended on this forum somewhere, but I will try mpeg2 if I can find the preset for 720p which I can't at the moment, can you tell me where it is or how to create one please.
                Mick

Comment

for best results, get out the swiss army knife that should be part of every video editor
                  http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/mpeg4.html
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hello John, I used Quick Time because I saw it recommended on this forum somewhere, but I will try mpeg2 if I can find the preset for 720p which I can't at the moment, can you tell me where it is or how to create one please.
                    Mick
                    Just use Mpeg2 Program stream and 'use current size' or look at the link the Anton as well.
                    John Sirb
                    Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                    --------------------
                    SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

I've now uploaded a version using Anton's method
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1OlA...1&feature=plcp
                      I think it's better? what do you others think?
                      I suspect with a deinterlaced video it's the best I can expect with fast motion? would I be better filming in 50p mode?
                      Mick

Comment

try this and be blown away

1. print to file your 50i segment and select Canopus HQ Fine
                        2. click advanced and expand
                        3. set 50fps progressive
                        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...50p-export.png
                        4. print to file
                        5. add this 50p file to T5 and encode at 4000 kbps at 50fps
                        6. upload

this should give you super smooth moving trains
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton, I'm trying that now but there is no choice of 50fps in T5? so I 've set it to 25
                          Mick

Comment

I watched the second clip and the detail is very nice for Youtube, but the train's stutter is quite strange. It looks like the motion overloaded the camera's recording ability. That amount of motion should be smooth at 50i. If it were a framerate issue I think the stutter would have been more constant. It seems jerky and random. Just a guess though.
                            Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Hello Bassman, it must be after it gets de-interlaced because the original 1080i footage plays very smoothly
                              Mick

Comment

Working...
                              X