Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Encoding?

Is it possible to do a batch encode?
    I have 50 seperate 2 minute cut clips on a timeline, can I encode them off the timeline to .wmv files or similar as individual clips in one go?
    Or do I have to encode them individually.

Thanks
    Mark Twittey
    Walkabout TV

Edit 1: Custom Built 3XS System, Dual Boot WinXP Pro 32bit/ Win7 Pro 64-bit,
    Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard, Intel I7 2.66GHz CPU, Nvida GeForce GTX 580 card, LSI Raid controller,
    5Tb WD drives, 12Gb DDR3 Corsair memory, 2 x 27" ASUS LED's, Edius 7.4 & Liquid XE, Boris RED 5.4.0.378, Vistitle 2.5. New Blue Video Est.III

Originally posted by walkabout View Post
    Is it possible to do a batch encode?
    I have 50 seperate 2 minute cut clips on a timeline, can I encode them off the timeline to .wmv files or similar as individual clips in one go?
    Or do I have to encode them individually.

Thanks
    Hi Mark - don't I recall you from Liquid days? The answer is "Within limits".

Provided you don't change the setup of the timeline you seem to be able to batch encode from any sequence on any given timeline. What you can't do ie what doesn't get set within the batch encoding setup, are any changes of track selection on the timeline.

For example, we typically lay separate soundtracks to the same video depending on whether the result is for the client's licenced use or for posting on the Internet ie broadcast. We've found it's not possible to encode the two versions (which involves switching which sound tracks are active) in the same batch.

I assume you're familiar with the batch encoding process itself - if not please come back.

Philip
    Edius 6.52; i2500K; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3; 8Gb RAM; 124Gb SSD for system, 5x1Tb HDD on board; 1Tb & 500Gb HDD off-board; 2Tb RAID1 out-board; BCF2000; Shuttle Pro2; Radeon 5 series dual display, HD Spark, HD monitor. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, New Blue Fx Art Blends, Video Essentials 2, 3, 4, Titler Pro 1 and ColourFast, ProDad Defishr.

Comment

If you add a sequence to the batch list it will encode as the sequence is set when you do the batch encode, not as it was when you added it.
      The way round it would be to duplicate the sequence in the bin, then change the second version and add that to the batch list as well as one based on the first timeline.
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks guys
        Yes Philip, I do remember you from the Liquid days.
        I will do seperate runs for the different encodes that I need.

But I do not know how to set up a batch encode process?

Any tips?

Thanks
        Mark
        Mark Twittey
        Walkabout TV

Asus P6T Deluxe Motherboard, Intel I7 2.66GHz CPU, Nvida GeForce GTX 580 card, LSI Raid controller,
        5Tb WD drives, 12Gb DDR3 Corsair memory, 2 x 27" ASUS LED's, Edius 7.4 & Liquid XE, Boris RED 5.4.0.378, Vistitle 2.5. New Blue Video Est.III

Comment

Very simple. Just click on add to Batch export, complete the parameter selection as normal and save - the file goes directly into the batch export list.

When you've completed all your selections, click on Batch Export. That opens the complete list and enables you to start the process. There's an indicator showing how much of each clips has been completed.

The only thing that threw me when I first used it was that the batch export list contains not only the selections you've made as above, but any completed ones from previous jobs as well. A quick glance will show you that the "new" items are checked, the completed ones not, but I find it easier and clearer to delete the completed clips from this list so that only the current jobs are shown.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Philip
          Edius 6.52; i2500K; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3; 8Gb RAM; 124Gb SSD for system, 5x1Tb HDD on board; 1Tb & 500Gb HDD off-board; 2Tb RAID1 out-board; BCF2000; Shuttle Pro2; Radeon 5 series dual display, HD Spark, HD monitor. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, New Blue Fx Art Blends, Video Essentials 2, 3, 4, Titler Pro 1 and ColourFast, ProDad Defishr.

Comment

Thanks Philip
            Thats very clear

Mark
            Mark Twittey
            Walkabout TV

Comment

Working...
            X