Using .mov and mpeg-4 files in Edius 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using .mov and mpeg-4 files in Edius 5.0

I've mentioned this problem before but I'm still bugged by it. Whatever I seem to do to sort one lot of files out, it then seems to be worse with a new batch. I've struggled with amberalla .mov files and also with any form of mpeg file using Edius 5. I've encoded to .avi using Edius 5, Procoder 2, Quicktime Pro DIVX, WinX HD converter and so on. But I still need something that can reliably convert most .mov or mpeg-4 files to usable .avi please?

Can anyone help?

One of the big problems is that some of those converters mentioned above, will convert to .avi, but it is their own type of .avi, (i.e. DIVX) and Edius won't recognise them. The latest batch of files that I got only gave me audio when imported into Edius.

It's a nightmare!
    Last edited by rallyman2007; 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM.

EDIUS 5.51 can edit these files without converting

5.51 is a free update for EDIUS5 users
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks for that feedback Anton, but it seems to be wrong. I downloaded a trial version of Edius 6.07, (or something like that) and even then the file when imported into the bin shows no video, just audio. Even then Edius does a quick conversion (neat I admit) but nothing changes and when I convert from the bin, still nothing changes!

The file name is ******_mpeg4 but it is showing as an AVI file in the properties window. As I explained in my previous post I have tried virtually every encoder that I can think of so far but nothing works - But something must!! So someone please help because this is the first time, in possibly 10 years that Edius hasn't been able to do what I want it to do!

Comment

Can you by chance upload one (short) file or provide a download link?
        EDIUS certified trainer | DaVinci Resolve certified trainer
        Video tutorials for video editing and music production (German)

Comment

As Gavin says, upload one of the small files.
          http://www.sendspace.com/

Try this one. It is free and you go upload 2gb max. If it doesn't work, just do a search for another one.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by rallyman2007 View Post
            The file name is ******_mpeg4 but it is showing as an AVI file in the properties window.
            the above is not a file name of a video file

a video file must end with an extension after the dot, like file.mov or file.avi or file.mp4 or file.wmv etc
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
            X