Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! File from P2 Card video and audio cannot be open

Hello everyone,
    Please help!! I never have this problem before until my friend is meddling around with my Edius 6. I have a Panasonic P2 camera and it shoot in the format that the video and audio are separated. Normally i will drag the file from the folder in P2 card from "Clip" file and the video and audio will sync automatically. But now i cannot do that anymore i have to manually drag one by one on to the timeline, and that consume a lot of time.

It will say something like:

Fail to open file.
    [could not open file.]
    D:\CONTENTS\CLIP\name of the file.XML

Any comment and suggestion would be highly appreciated cause I have been trying to solve this for so long but it still not work

THANK YOU!!

That's the wrong way to import P2. Use the Edius Source Browser.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
      That's the wrong way to import P2. Use the Edius Source Browser.
      Went into Edius Source Browser but it not showing P2 so i can't import it.

Comment

That's because you did not check the manual.
        You have to add the P2 source in system settings->importer exporter->P2-> browser.

Source as in reader or camcorder if you connect that.
        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM.
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Right click on P2 in Source Browser, choose Open older, then navigate to whatever the folder is ABOVE the Contents folder. When it shows up in Source Browser, click on it.
          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

That's another way of doing it. But if you register the reader (path) every card shows up automatically. :)
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
              That's another way of doing it. But if you register the reader (path) every card shows up automatically. :)
              Yep as long as drive letters don't change.
              1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Since I got a few PM's about this let me post this public.

I got a few question but basically it was that people would like to add the drive letter in the P2 browser in the system settings but where a bit alarmed by Pat's comment of changing drive letters if they would use USB drives.

Actually this is really easy.
                What you should do is add your reader or camcorder and let windows find it.

When you see it appear note the drive letter .
                Go in to disk management and change the drive letter. You do this by selecting the drive right click and select change drive letter and paths. When you select change choose letter P for Panasonic.

Now whenever you connect the reader (or camcorder used as a reader) it will use the same drive letter P.

Now in the P2 browser settings in system setting add drive P as the path.
                So whenever you connect your reader it will always show up in the source browser regardless of other connected USB devices.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM.
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X