X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
    I am disagree. It's a way to spent more money and listen nice stories.
    6800 series card will be cheaper and better (if you're nVidia fan) But today ATI card like 1950 will meet all your needs with Edius, Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli and every other possible software combination. Boris Blue is exception. (if you want it badly- nVidia 7900-7950 (for ver 2.0), but you're loosing Xplode realtime... your choice!)
    Do not throw your money, save some for real things.

Depending on your system and how the NX reacts to the ATI or NVIDIA card will be your main decision. I have both the 1950x and the NVIDIA Quadro 1500
    The issue I had with the ATI card in my big system was that it did not share IRQ's well with the NX and pci-x controller card.( So I installed the Quadro and it works great.I moved my ATI to my Quad system). I get the same "rt" out of Xplode that I did before. When I say RT, I mean you get a blue line above the timeline. Not yellow or red. This is only in SD and not HD. In HD the only way I get playback of big effects is with buffer prefill for Xplode and Vitascene. I don't consider that true RT.

Remember, if you are purchasing a card to make Xplode RT, or some form of it, that program is going away soon. So purchase on longevity of the entire system to be stable and fast, not just Xplode or Vitascene. Either card will work, depending on your system.
    I feel NVIDIA drivers are more stable and have fewer bugs.
    If you use Adobe products on your system, Adobe prefers NVIDIA cards because of the open gl performance.
    Screen size and resolution is also a big consideration. Both the ATI and NVIDIA cards discussed here will do dual 30 in monitors.

TV OUT

Yes, the tv out does work. I actually built the system with the quadro 1500 and 1 monitor with tv out. My second monitor was powered by a $60 ATI single head pci card.
    Personally, I did not like the output to the tv. I was and still am used to the output from the Canopus/Decklink cards. With the tv out,the image you see on your computer monitor is what the tv out gives you.
    All tearing and motion artifacts are present. I bought the NX a month after trying to "get away" with the tv out setup.
    If you are not used to a line scaled output, the tv out scenario might work well for you.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-21-2007, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    Buying a Quadro card is buying extra system stability.
    I am disagree. It's a way to spent more money and listen nice stories.
    6800 series card will be cheaper and better (if you're nVidia fan) But today ATI card like 1950 will meet all your needs with Edius, Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli and every other possible software combination. Boris Blue is exception. (if you want it badly- nVidia 7900-7950 (for ver 2.0), but you're loosing Xplode realtime... your choice!)
    Do not throw your money, save some for real things.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Buying a Quadro card is buying extra system stability. The FX1500 is a great card if you dont play high end games.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    It should work fine (Although I have not tried it myself).

I read somewhere that Vista will only let you use 2 video cards if they are exactly identical, but XP Pro has no such limits.

Google around, it should show alot of useful info on this subject.

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    TV out was of high interest as a reference. Are you suggesting that a second card could provide that output if FX1500 or any other card can not?

Thanks,

jim

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    The OP is better off with an nVidia 8800 series graphics card. You can always add a second graphics card (If you have a second 16x PCIe slot that is) for TV out. Is there a reason that you need TV out?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    We use it because it's the choice that made sense in the HP configuration. :)

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    started a topic Video Card suggestion by Canopus

Video Card suggestion by Canopus

I'm still fumbling thru research for a new video card and came across this tidbit by Canopus. Their turnkey comes with an NVIDIA Quadro FX1500 256MB with dual DVI output.

http://www.canopus.com/products/EDIUSBroadcast_DES.php

Some other Edius Turnkeys like Promax use the same card. Interesting that they suggest a relatively expensive graphics card that Edius dosen't take advantage of. I'll assume it's for other applications like AfterEffects.

Anyone use a FX1500? Cost is around $500. It comes with a breakout box for S/video and HD. Not sure if this will feed 2 LCDs and a TV simaltaneously.

Thanks in advance,

jim
Working...
X