Video Card suggestion by Canopus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    When Edius goes to Vista, we will more than likely have to upgrade video cards for DirectX 10 anyway.
    I very much doubt that will be the case. (for EDIUS at least)

The current change to the overlay handling is a precursor to Vista support. (e.g. EDIUS Neo)

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
      There is no such a thing as "grphic card driver instability"

OK OK, perhaps I should say something like. "The Quadro drivers have been optimised for specific applications like After Effects, Combustion, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, Brainstorm, Maya and many many more" In these professional compositing or 3D programs a Quadro is the better more stable option.

EDIUS- no, it's not optimised for EDIUS- but who uses JUST EDIUS?

Comment

EDIUS- no, it's not optimised for EDIUS- but who uses JUST EDIUS?

Exactly!
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

If I lose capability of Xplode Pro, I wouldn't really care much...but it's pretty good for events...

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
            I am disagree. It's a way to spent more money and listen nice stories.
            6800 series card will be cheaper and better (if you're nVidia fan) But today ATI card like 1950 will meet all your needs with Edius, Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli and every other possible software combination. Boris Blue is exception. (if you want it badly- nVidia 7900-7950 (for ver 2.0), but you're loosing Xplode realtime... your choice!)
            Do not throw your money, save some for real things.
            so the 6800 will work with Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli ?

and which cheap card will work with Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli ?

John

Last edited by johnvpr; 09-24-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

so the 6800 will work with Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli ?
              and which cheap card will work with Xplode's, Vitascene, Mercalli ?
              John
              Yes it will work. The only problem with RT for Xplode/Xplode Pro. It will need to render all Xplode effects-transtions. The problem is that all nVidia-based PCI Express cards do not have RT in Xplode. ATI ones- do have (with dll accelerator file)
              My Sapphire 1950 PRO 512mb works with all of them. Also X800- X850 will work, but for Vitascene the amount of video memory is important, so cards with 256mb will probably have less "realtiming".
              The new ATI 2400- 2600 cards are nice, but they have 128bit memory and I will not recommend them for videoediting.
              Again, if Xplode is not very important, or you do not use it a lot (and you're ok with rendering them), better go for nvidia cards. In this case 6800 is a perfect choice.
              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Do you think Geforec 8600GTS would be fine also for those applications (Xplode etc)?

Merrick

Comment

Originally posted by merrick61 View Post
                  Do you think Geforec 8600GTS would be fine also for those applications (Xplode etc)?

Merrick
                  Not Xplode. ATI is much better if you really need XPlode. You can try to find an ATI X1950XT for a low price somewhere, these cards work with Xplode and are fast enough for Vitascene etc...they are not DirectX10 though, which doesn't mean much unless you're a gamer waiting for DX10 games (Only on Vista).

Comment

Working...
                  X