File type imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File type imports

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I thought that 6.5 would import files that have .mp4 - and that perhaps even .flv files, but I keep getting that I cannot import those type-- am I doing something wrong?

I think I'm losing my mind!--- thanks so much!----Ed
    Main System- HD Storm + Edius 7 Pro
    Win 7 (64),Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel I7 - 12 G ram Gforce GTX 970 - 6 T internal-- 12 T Drobo Sata connection

Secondary System- Edius 6- Win XP, Intel DH55HC i5 4T storage, 4G ram, Gforce GTX 260, , ADVC110

Found something that works!

I just realized if I change the extension to .mov that the file works flawlessly-- it will import, play and can be edited perfectly!-- who wudda thunk!
    Main System- HD Storm + Edius 7 Pro
    Win 7 (64),Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel I7 - 12 G ram Gforce GTX 970 - 6 T internal-- 12 T Drobo Sata connection

Secondary System- Edius 6- Win XP, Intel DH55HC i5 4T storage, 4G ram, Gforce GTX 260, , ADVC110

Comment

EDIUS imports lots of different files but there are so many ways to make MP4s that sometimes it does not work. I have also had major problems trying to import FLV into lots of programs. Good to know you found a way to make it work.
      EDIUS silver certified trainer.
      Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
      Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

So let me get this straight.... if I change the flv extension to mov it will import?

Comment

Originally posted by David40 View Post
          So let me get this straight.... if I change the flv extension to mov it will import?
          Not always, but worth a try.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

I use this free brilliant utility

FVLEXTRACT - it pulls the h.264 out into an mp4 without recompressing

Edius edits the MP4 file with ease

http://www.moitah.net/

Comment

A small point how do you change the extension from fly to mov.
              regars
              Pete Rhodes
              Big Picture Video
              Intel (R) Core i7-770 CPU 3.6ghz
              Ram -32gig, 64 bit Windows 10 Pro
              GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

Changing a file name extension is the same a renaming a file:

Right mouse click on the filename, select "Rename", use your cursor and keyboard to change .flv to .mov, and then click outside of the file name window to effect the change.

Sometimes you may get a Windows warning regarding possible file instability, etc., due to the file extension change.
                Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
                #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
                #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  A small point how do you change the extension from fly to mov.
                  If you have a large number of files to rename, "Media Chance" the makers of "DVDLab" have a small utility called "File Renamer".
                  It used to be free but they now charge a small sum but all you do is select a directory, select change and type (dot) file extension and the same (dot) new file extension and select all and thats it after confirming
                  Saves heaps of time

Regards Barry
                  Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                  GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                  Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                  Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Thanks Bluetongue and Zhor.
                    Regards
                    Pete
                    Intel (R) Core i7-770 CPU 3.6ghz
                    Ram -32gig, 64 bit Windows 10 Pro
                    GeForceGTX 1050 T

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                      It used to be free but they now charge a small sum but all you do is select a directory, select change and type (dot) file extension and the same (dot) new file extension and select all and thats it after confirming
                      They charge for ren *.flv *.mov? I hope it does more but still... :(

Comment

Working...
                      X