Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you will not be able to compress a 1 hour SD video to less than what you already have with mpeg2, a good quality mpeg2 video with one hour duration is 4GB and not 950MB

you have to make it h264 mpeg4, then you can use a bitrate of 2000kbps or less, but the EDIUS exporter produces poor quality with low bitrate

you need to use T5 (you can specify required dimension like 640x360 etc and then reduce bitrate by rolling mouse wheel until it shows you the desired file size such as 500MB or less) (the resulting file size estimator is a great thing to have)
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/mpeg4.html

Leave a comment:

• axjzgs
    replied
    antonsvideo, Sorry. Should have mentioned that. It is SD and 1:00:00 long.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    is the current video SD or HD

what is the duration of the video

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Tough to answer without more details, but go to Print to File > Mpeg and choose either Elementary or Transport Stream. Click Export. Probably use CBR and adjust the Bitrate until you get the combination quality/file size that you can live with.

Leave a comment:

• axjzgs
    replied
    I need to compress the file size. I have a video that is about 955 MB and need to compress it. Just don't know how. Please help? :)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by axjzgs View Post
    I was asked to minimize the size of a video so that it would fit on a hard drive that has many, many files. I was told not to worry about the quality. I need to produce an MPEG 2, Print to File.
    what problem do you have with print to file, mpeg2?

Leave a comment:

• axjzgs
    replied
    I was asked to minimize the size of a video so that it would fit on a hard drive that has many, many files. I was told not to worry about the quality. I need to produce an MPEG 2, Print to File.
    Last edited by GrassValley_KH; 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    File size is a determined by a combination of duration and bit rate. Required bit rate is in part determined by the output resolution, output file format, and required quality. One hour of video at under 500MB sounds about like a video CD or similar at best. (Not very high quality by today's standards.) In contract a one hour video on DVD at nea commercial quality requires over 3 GB.

So the bottom line is what are you trying to produce?

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    The file size is a function of the length of the video and the bitrate used to encode it. If you can't shorten the video you must reduce the bitrate. Which format are you exporting in?

Leave a comment:

• axjzgs
    started a topic Compressing the export

Compressing the export

Hi, I am new to EDIUS and am tring to get used to it. I currently own the EDIUS NEO 3. I have a one hour video that I did, and it is about 955 MB is size. I need to get it to be at most half of that. I was told that this is done in the File to Export. I have to use the Print to File export option. I just don't see how I can compress the file from there. I know I will loose quality but I was told to do this.

Please help???

Thank you!!!
Working...
X