Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimJulian
    replied
    Color correction is mandatory on most scenes shot with a Sony Z1 or Panasonic HVX 200. Our station has a bunch of these cameras.
    To me this is where Edius shines in RT. Using the Vector/Wave scope we usually adjust the brightness and contrast to the scope while adding 10-25 clicks of Chroma. Works to perfection every time.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    also, check your sequence setting for colouspace, choices are standard and E3 compatible

Leave a comment:

• pehrbau
    replied
    Thank you Brandon! Just what I suspected.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Two things...
    DV uses BT601 colorspace
    HDV uses BT709 colorspace
    so the colorspaces are slightly different.

Also, most DV and HDV camcorders are about to record values slightly out of legal range. This is actually a good thing, as it gives you more "wiggle room" for adjustment, but also means that you must remember to clamp to Broadcast-legal ranges when delivering to TV stations and such.

Leave a comment:

• pehrbau
    started a topic Brightness / contrast in HDV and in DV

Brightness / contrast in HDV and in DV

I have noticed that adjusting IRE in DV usually - in my case - requires the contrast be reduced about 13-15 units to get levels between 0 - 100 IRE.

In HDV editing, however, I have to reduce the brightness level to bring the levels between 0 - 100 IRE.

This is for very similar clips in the same light filmed in DV and in HDV. Camera is a Canon XH A1 for HDV and XL1 for DV.

Has anybody any comments on this?
Working...
X