Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to mix sound?

Hi guys,

I got a master tape that has split sound (left channel is dialog, right channel is effect). My client want me to make the sound mix (left & right channels are dialog + effect). Right now I'm using old fashion way, using sony sound forge. I got through a lot of steps to make mix sound.
    Before that I've used Edius pro 3. I have used the audio filter (panpot & balance). Then I drag the slide in left & right channel to the middle. However, when I used that way, I realized that the sound become smaller. I don't want to increase the volume by increasing the dB, I'm afraid it will make the sound more noisy. Is there other way that fast but in the same time can make mix sound without make it smaller? I'm looking forward the answer.

Thanks a lot

If you are using Edius 4 use the Audio tracks to map channels 1/2 from your tape. I like starting with 2 mono signals as your tape is currently. I find, with Mapping, the output is generally louder and without distortion. (is it me?)

Rusty
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by h3170ra View Post
      Hi guys,

I got a master tape that has split sound (left channel is dialog, right channel is effect). My client want me to make the sound mix (left & right channels are dialog + effect). Right now I'm using old fashion way, using sony sound forge. I got through a lot of steps to make mix sound.
      Before that I've used Edius pro 3. I have used the audio filter (panpot & balance). Then I drag the slide in left & right channel to the middle. However, when I used that way, I realized that the sound become smaller. I don't want to increase the volume by increasing the dB, I'm afraid it will make the sound more noisy. Is there other way that fast but in the same time can make mix sound without make it smaller? I'm looking forward the answer.

Thanks a lot
      Here you go I answered this many times. Too lazy to type

LINK:
      http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...hlight=panning
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Working...
      X