Exporting file for WDTV streamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting file for WDTV streamer

I recently produced an hour's programme of various 1920x1080 clips intended to be shown on 1280x720 TV monitors known in the UK as "HD Ready". The file was played in from a HDD via USB into the WDTV streamer and from the streamer via HDMI. I selected HQ as the export format and ended up with a c40Gb .avi file which the streamer wouldn't recognise.

My previous programmes for this purpose were produced in Liquid and replay very well with remarkable sharpness.

Because time was short (5am on the morning of the wedding fair) I went to .mpg and got a very soft, unsatisfactory product which had the single merit - it played!

Does anyone with experience of this equipment or more knowledge than me have a suggestion? I'm sure the files should be .avi but what other settings?
    Edius 6.52; i2500K; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3; 8Gb RAM; 124Gb SSD for system, 5x1Tb HDD on board; 1Tb & 500Gb HDD off-board; 2Tb RAID1 out-board; BCF2000; Shuttle Pro2; Radeon 5 series dual display, HD Spark, HD monitor. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, New Blue Fx Art Blends, Video Essentials 2, 3, 4, Titler Pro 1 and ColourFast, ProDad Defishr.

WDTV definitely doesn't support Canopus HQ, HQX, or Lossless codecs...

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/...-play-products

Comment

Exporting file for WDTV streamer

I recently produced an hour's programme of various 1920x1080 clips intended to be shown on 1280x720 TV monitors known in the UK as "HD Ready". The file was played in from a HDD via USB into the WDTV streamer and from the streamer via HDMI. I selected HQ as the export format and ended up with a c40Gb .avi file which the streamer wouldn't recognise.

My previous programmes for this purpose were produced in Liquid and replay very well with remarkable sharpness.

Because time was short (5am on the morning of the wedding fair) I went to .mpg and got a very soft, unsatisfactory product which had the single merit - it played!

Does anyone with experience of this equipment or more knowledge than me have a suggestion? I'm sure the files should be .avi but what other settings?

Incidentally I apologise to everyone for inadvertently posting this in another thread. A GV colleague kindly replied there confirming that the settings I'd used were wrong but I wonder if someone could from their experience suggest the settings that give the best result?
      Edius 6.52; i2500K; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3; 8Gb RAM; 124Gb SSD for system, 5x1Tb HDD on board; 1Tb & 500Gb HDD off-board; 2Tb RAID1 out-board; BCF2000; Shuttle Pro2; Radeon 5 series dual display, HD Spark, HD monitor. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, New Blue Fx Art Blends, Video Essentials 2, 3, 4, Titler Pro 1 and ColourFast, ProDad Defishr.

Comment

Brandon point you to that website, there are tons of file that Edius will produced that will be compatible, probably the easier for you is MPEG2 HD, or if you want small file size then H.264 (MT2S) is the way to go.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

I tried a few different export options in Edius without much luck. Either it was incompatible with the WDTV or the quality was not good. Surprisingly, I have used the default 1080p settings from ProShow Producer with the WDTV and the footage is razor sharp!!! Hopefully Edius can come up with a solid 1080p mp4 export!!!!!

Comment

I have used T5 Mastering works to produce a blue Ray output to memory sticks or HD's used in my WD unit. Excellent picture quality.
            i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
            RAM 32 GB.
            ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
            PS Thermaltake 1kW.
            Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
            OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
            Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
            SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Howells View Post

mpeg2 HD exported from EDIUS at 25 or 35mbits/sec should look perfect and look the same as the original

did you maybe export to mpeg SD?
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                mpeg2 HD exported from EDIUS at 25 or 35mbits/sec should look perfect and look the same as the original
                Indeed 25mbits Mpeg2 looks perfect played from a WD media streaming device.

I'm using a couple of WDTVliveHub (since it's incarnation) with the build-in 1TB HDD and export from the Edius timeline a 1920x1080i file @25mb with superfine settings.
                Even a 50mbits Mpeg2 file plays flawless but i have yet to find any improvement in the visual image, but, it works just the same.
                Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Howells View Post

Not knowing the model you we're (are) using my Hub factory settings are 720p at the HDMI output.
                  If the Unit has been set to 1080i or 1080p it will 'hold' the settings even when put in standby mode.
                  If the unit loses power it will revert back to factory settings, not all settings are lost but it will go back to 720p.

This has been reported to WD but totally ignored for almost 3 years now.
                  Transfer speed of the Lan is slow, let me repeat, slow, it is spec'ed at gigabit but it performs like 10/100, the 100 that is :)
                  Normally I pull out the sata HDD and connect directly to workstation.

Audio out is Analog L+R or Optical S/PDIF.

Otherwise the unit performs fast & flawless, I would say it's a great media player that is reliable, very usable for trade shows (24hour looped playback) or presentation in clients office due to fast and easy setup.
                  Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                  EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                  wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for being so helpful especially as I'd not given much detail. My units are the first generation with external storage. I'll work through your suggestions and report back. I am very grateful.

Thanks also to the mods for sorting out my mis-posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
                      I have used T5 Mastering works to produce a blue Ray output to memory sticks or HD's used in my WD unit. Excellent picture quality.
                      I followed this suggestion (essentially the same as Anton's - thanks to you both) and found excellent results.

Philip

Comment

Working...
                      X