X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I would prefer it on the side as well. The semi-transparent version we have now gets in the way when I do graphics and lower thirds. I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.
    Of course this is not a big problem if you check the settings so that it shows only on the PC monitor and not on the external monitor.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.
    It's kind of hard to do extra work for free... No matter how it's displayed, it still takes instruction cycles to display the information.

For the audio mixer, the software would need to be able to predict the future in order to use the render-ahead buffer and change audio levels corresponding to what you hear. Well, it might work if the user's psychic too...

End result is: If your system is slightly faster than enough to play back in real-time without using the buffer, then you wouldn't think that the audio mixer shows a "performance hit" because that's not what's really happening.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    yes, the staus VU meter does not cause a performance hit but it is too hard to see even at its largest size since my preview window is small

the graduation markers are too hard to see and the VU meter should be upright like in Speed Razor, like in all my Betacam machines, like in Soundforge etc
    I would prefer it on the side as well. The semi-transparent version we have now gets in the way when I do graphics and lower thirds. I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Thank you pjsss for the information.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Go to SETTINGS>APPLICATION SETTINGS>CUSTOMIZE>OVERLAY and on the right side under VIEW you can position it anywhere you like as well as make it small, medium, or large size.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Timecode & Audio Meter

Originally posted by 7hbg View Post
    I have never seen any performance hit when using the ‘status’ display (Timecode + audio meter).

When you select VU mode in the audio mixer, the audio meter in ‘status’ also displays it in VU units.

But I have to give you the other points: can’t move it, can’t size it like in Speed Razor

How can I move the position of the Timecode on screen display to a lower part of the screen?

Thanks,
    Ted

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    I am referring to a proper VU/Peak meter that is not part of the audio mixer, one that can be kept open without performance hit, one that can be sized and placed where I want, one like I had in Speed Razor
    There is a simple answer to this problem - if you use an RME soundcard (brilliant kit anyway, highly recommended). It comes with a utility called DIGICheck which allows you to have a VU/Peak meter permanently running. In fact you can also simultaneously have a spectrum analyzer, phase scope and goodness knows what else, all of which are highly customizable in terms of scaling, dynamics, colour and on-screen position. The beauty is that all the display data is calcluated in RME's on-board DSP so there is virtually no CPU overhead, however complicated you want to get. You can literally run it alongside Edius without any worries:

http://www.wideangles.tv/images/DIGICheck.jpg

In this case I have a VU/peak and loudness meter running on the extreme right hand side.

Slightly off topic - why does no-one offer an option for PPM meter scaling? It just happens to be the ONLY accepted broadcast standard in Europe (and I suspect Australia too).

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by johnsirb View Post
    I really liked the Ol' Speed Razor VU Meters
    I just received SF9 and the VU meters are excellent, just like the SR ones

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    You can stack the audio mixer along with other windows. They snap together.

I haven't seen the audio mixer cause much of a hit (unless you use an older system). The buffer just seems to not go all the way when it's open, and the reason for that has been explained a few times already.

Here's a sample:

hmmm, when I have my mixer open, none of my multi PIP or Xplode play in realtime, playback stops, the buffer is on 0 before it hits the transition and effects

Leave a comment:

• johnsirb
    replied
    I really liked the Ol' Speed Razor VU Meters

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, the staus VU meter does not cause a performance hit but it is too hard to see even at its largest size since my preview window is small

the graduation markers are too hard to see and the VU meter should be upright like in Speed Razor, like in all my Betacam machines, like in Soundforge etc

Leave a comment:

• 7hbg
    replied
    I am referring to a proper VU/Peak meter that is not part of the audio mixer, one that can be kept open without performance hit, one that can be sized and placed where I want, one like I had in Speed Razor

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/a...mages/SR55.gif
    I have never seen any performance hit when using the ‘status’ display (Timecode + audio meter).

When you select VU mode in the audio mixer, the audio meter in ‘status’ also displays it in VU units.

But I have to give you the other points: can’t move it, can’t size it like in Speed Razor

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    You can stack the audio mixer along with other windows. They snap together.

I haven't seen the audio mixer cause much of a hit (unless you use an older system). The buffer just seems to not go all the way when it's open, and the reason for that has been explained a few times already.

Here's a sample:

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by 7hbg View Post
    Anton

I’m not sure what you are referring to, but EDIUS already has both Peak and VU meters.
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/a...mages/SR55.gif

Leave a comment:

• 7hbg
    replied
    Anton

...what Edius needs is a decent VU meter, I am sure that is already in feature requests...
    I’m not sure what you are referring to, but EDIUS already has both Peak and VU meters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X