• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you pjsss for the information.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      yes, the staus VU meter does not cause a performance hit but it is too hard to see even at its largest size since my preview window is small

the graduation markers are too hard to see and the VU meter should be upright like in Speed Razor, like in all my Betacam machines, like in Soundforge etc
      I would prefer it on the side as well. The semi-transparent version we have now gets in the way when I do graphics and lower thirds. I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.
        It's kind of hard to do extra work for free... No matter how it's displayed, it still takes instruction cycles to display the information.

For the audio mixer, the software would need to be able to predict the future in order to use the render-ahead buffer and change audio levels corresponding to what you hear. Well, it might work if the user's psychic too...

End result is: If your system is slightly faster than enough to play back in real-time without using the buffer, then you wouldn't think that the audio mixer shows a "performance hit" because that's not what's really happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          I would prefer it on the side as well. The semi-transparent version we have now gets in the way when I do graphics and lower thirds. I still would prefer a full version that works on top without any hint of a hit on performance.
          Of course this is not a big problem if you check the settings so that it shows only on the PC monitor and not on the external monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X