Audio Mixer always on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Mixer always on top

Is there a way to make the audio mixer NOT be always on top. If I open up something like the colour wheel, it ends up under the mixer. The same goes for other apps, like the dvd printing software.

I've looked in the settings, but I can't see it.

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

I would close the mixer because keeping it open is a big no no

it will drain your buffer to 0 and keep it at 0, killing realtime performance

what Edius needs is a decent VU meter, I am sure that is already in feature requests
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I hadn't noticed a hit in performance, and I don't use it that often. I'll close it down and see if I note a difference.
      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Well blow me, if I didn't remove the audio mixer, do some editing, went and made a cup of tea to come back and find edius has frozen!!!!!!! I also had cdex open which has also frozen. Open up task manager and that froze.......

First time this has happened to me since updating to 4.51c.
        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Anton

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          ...what Edius needs is a decent VU meter, I am sure that is already in feature requests...
          I’m not sure what you are referring to, but EDIUS already has both Peak and VU meters.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 7hbg View Post
            Anton

I’m not sure what you are referring to, but EDIUS already has both Peak and VU meters.
            I am referring to a proper VU/Peak meter that is not part of the audio mixer, one that can be kept open without performance hit, one that can be sized and placed where I want, one like I had in Speed Razor
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/a...mages/SR55.gif
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You can stack the audio mixer along with other windows. They snap together.

I haven't seen the audio mixer cause much of a hit (unless you use an older system). The buffer just seems to not go all the way when it's open, and the reason for that has been explained a few times already.

Here's a sample:

Comment

I am referring to a proper VU/Peak meter that is not part of the audio mixer, one that can be kept open without performance hit, one that can be sized and placed where I want, one like I had in Speed Razor

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/a...mages/SR55.gif
                I have never seen any performance hit when using the ‘status’ display (Timecode + audio meter).

When you select VU mode in the audio mixer, the audio meter in ‘status’ also displays it in VU units.

But I have to give you the other points: can’t move it, can’t size it like in Speed Razor
                Rob

Comment

yes, the staus VU meter does not cause a performance hit but it is too hard to see even at its largest size since my preview window is small

the graduation markers are too hard to see and the VU meter should be upright like in Speed Razor, like in all my Betacam machines, like in Soundforge etc
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

I really liked the Ol' Speed Razor VU Meters
                    John Sirb
                    Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                    --------------------
                    SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                      You can stack the audio mixer along with other windows. They snap together.

I haven't seen the audio mixer cause much of a hit (unless you use an older system). The buffer just seems to not go all the way when it's open, and the reason for that has been explained a few times already.

Here's a sample:

hmmm, when I have my mixer open, none of my multi PIP or Xplode play in realtime, playback stops, the buffer is on 0 before it hits the transition and effects
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by johnsirb View Post
                        I really liked the Ol' Speed Razor VU Meters
                        I just received SF9 and the VU meters are excellent, just like the SR ones
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

There is a simple answer to this problem - if you use an RME soundcard (brilliant kit anyway, highly recommended). It comes with a utility called DIGICheck which allows you to have a VU/Peak meter permanently running. In fact you can also simultaneously have a spectrum analyzer, phase scope and goodness knows what else, all of which are highly customizable in terms of scaling, dynamics, colour and on-screen position. The beauty is that all the display data is calcluated in RME's on-board DSP so there is virtually no CPU overhead, however complicated you want to get. You can literally run it alongside Edius without any worries:

http://www.wideangles.tv/images/DIGICheck.jpg

In this case I have a VU/peak and loudness meter running on the extreme right hand side.

Slightly off topic - why does no-one offer an option for PPM meter scaling? It just happens to be the ONLY accepted broadcast standard in Europe (and I suspect Australia too).
                          Andrew Pinder
                          www.chpv.co.uk
                          Edius 9 with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k; Windows 10 (64 bit Pro); Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro; i9-9900K CPU; 32GB RAM;
                          Asus GTX1060 graphics; RME Fireface800 audio; SATA RAID

Comment

Timecode & Audio Meter

Originally posted by 7hbg View Post
                            I have never seen any performance hit when using the ‘status’ display (Timecode + audio meter).

When you select VU mode in the audio mixer, the audio meter in ‘status’ also displays it in VU units.

But I have to give you the other points: can’t move it, can’t size it like in Speed Razor

How can I move the position of the Timecode on screen display to a lower part of the screen?

Thanks,
                            Ted

Comment

Go to SETTINGS>APPLICATION SETTINGS>CUSTOMIZE>OVERLAY and on the right side under VIEW you can position it anywhere you like as well as make it small, medium, or large size.

Comment

Working...
                              X