• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by XFuture911 View Post
    Hi..

I have tow problems:

1. with the Edius NX some time when i add new video line our add effects to the video line the screen Frezze i can't do any thing all i can do is reset the PC

2. with video Out NX in after effect am using v 7.0 and CS3 the same problem up there when am working with project it just frezze the programm only not the PC but when i remove VIdeo Out it is working very well.

Can someone help me please
    also I change My system several times because of this problem and i try to work on other PC's but it is the same pooblem.

My New System:
    Motherboard Chipset: TYAN S2895 Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Processor Type: 2Processor AMD Dou Core Processor Speed: 2000
    Amount of RAM: 4G RAM Type: DDR2
    Video Card: Edius NX (PCI Express) Sound Card: Criative
    Network Card: Criative 1000/100/10
    It isn't ram...I have 4 gigs and windows just ignores what it doesn't use....one thing I am certain about, if you try to keep more than one app open that is trying to acess video out you will get lock ups. Sounds like that isn't what you are experiancing. Have you tried a un-install reinstall of edius and the Nx drivers?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by XFuture911 View Post
    Hi..

I have tow problems:

1. with the Edius NX some time when i add new video line our add effects to the video line the screen Frezze i can't do any thing all i can do is reset the PC

2. with video Out NX in after effect am using v 7.0 and CS3 the same problem up there when am working with project it just frezze the programm only not the PC but when i remove VIdeo Out it is working very well.

also I change My system several times because of this problem and i try to work on other PC's but it is the same pooblem.

My New System:

Pull the Creative sound card out and go with the onboard sound.
    Creative cards are resource hogs.
    Do the pci express slots share with each other. Sometimes ATI cards have a hard time playing with editing cards. Try putting the NX into a different pci-e
    slot. If you are not using the 2 firewire inputs, disable them.
    Check which slots will share with the sata or scsi controllers, as well as the usb ports.
    Basically, you want to strip it back down to the basics to see if it will work for you. Once you do that you can add back until it starts to react weird.

My suggestion would be to turn everything off that you DO NOT NEED for editing. Take the sytem back to formula and reinstall from the ground up.
    It sounds as if it is funky anyway, so starting fresh should help.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I'm saying 4GB is too much RAM for 32 bit Windows XP.

Remove 2GB and see if it helps.

Kind of strange, but it may work.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• XFuture911
    replied
    Rusty.. thank u 4 Reply But my Ram is already 4 GB ...

Am having a hard time with this problem..

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Thanks for posting your PC specifications.

Reduce your RAM to 2GB and see if your problem goes away.
    My system would BSOD with 4gb.

Come on 64bit Edius!
    Rusty

Leave a comment:

• XFuture911
    started a topic My Problem with Video Out NX

My Problem with Video Out NX

Hi..

I have tow problems:

My New System:
Working...
X