Edius 3.0 Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 3.0 Activation

First time poster here, I've been using Edius 3.61 and Storm Bay 2 for years and had to install a new hard drive for my OS. I've been through this drill before, had a crash a few years back. Unfortunately reloading the software this time has not gone well.

I installed Edius 3.0, and have the zip files for the hotfix and upgrades to 3.61. The problem is I get an error code after I input my activation code "Invalid activation code! [6]". I'm copying and pasting the original activation code from my E Mail from some 6 years ago.

Also, when I try to register online to get a new activation code I get a message that my version is already registered. Which is true as I registered it with Canopus when I purchased it.

I tried the search feature on the forum and came up empty handed. I used the contact form for tech support on the GV website but have yet to hear back. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing several times with the same results. Everytime I start Edius I get the message I have "x" days left to register.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    OldFart

I don't know if EDIUS 3 is still valid for phone support but you can try calling tech support.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

With all of the improvements to Edius since 3.x, you might
      consider an upgrade to 6.51. At least you would get support.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

At least get to 4.5 or 5.x
        EDIUS really grew up between v3.x and v5.x

Comment

upgrading to EDIUS 6.5 will also render your Canopus Storm hardware and operating system obsolete
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I can't remember if 4.5 worked with the DV Storm or not.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              I can't remember if 4.5 worked with the DV Storm or not.
              Yes it did.
              Edius Workgroup 9, Edius X Workgroup, Gigabyte X299 UD4, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64.0 GB Corsair Memory, Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll try calling tech support.

My bread and butter is converting analog to SD DVDs, so the storm bay is a rock solid MP2 performer for me.

I'm familiar with Edius 4.61 as I have it on my other computer. Both computers are similar w/ASUS MOBO, the 4.61 has a quad processor and the 3.0 has Pentium 4 HT. I'm not ready to upgrade to 6.x as it will render my storm bay's usless. Hopefully business will pick up and I can build another computer next year and get Edius 6.xx and move up to BluRay and HD.

Wish me luck.
                OldFart

Comment

Originally posted by OldFart View Post
                  Thanks for the replies, I'll try calling tech support.

My bread and butter is converting analog to SD DVDs, so the storm bay is a rock solid MP2 performer for me.

I'm familiar with Edius 4.61 as I have it on my other computer. Both computers are similar w/ASUS MOBO, the 4.61 has a quad processor and the 3.0 has Pentium 4 HT. I'm not ready to upgrade to 6.x as it will render my storm bay's usless. Hopefully business will pick up and I can build another computer next year and get Edius 6.xx and move up to BluRay and HD.

Wish me luck.
                  Edius version 3...most stable editing system ever!....
                  Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
                  JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav S View Post
                    Edius version 3...most stable editing system ever!....
                    Coming from a Toaster Flyer, Adobe 6.0 and FCP. I came on board Edius.
                    with 3.0 and now have installed 6.51 no issues. Guess I was lucky.

Domo Arigato
                    Mule
                    EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
                    4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
                    Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

Working...
                    X