1080p50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1080p50

Can somebody show me that Edius can output video in H264 1080p50?.
    Below I made some original MTS 1080p50 footage from TM700 available for download. It has counter information (one increment/frame) in order to verify the real output framerate and refrechrate after editing.
    http://wtrns.fr/8OAGgWNV1xsG4lY

EDIUS 6.5 exports 108050p . Nothing special about it.
    The best thing to do is download the trial , install it and convert the file.
    Takes the waiting out of it....

Please visit www.grassvalley.com for the download.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

1080p50

OK that's the answer I always get...just try it. I did this trials up to Version 6 where Edius also claimed to be 50/60p compatible, but no output setting available for h264 1080p50. I reported this in this forum. Only 1280p could be created. So up to now I considder Edius as not compatible for 1080p50/60 H264 editing/outputting.

Comment

You are free to consider what you want.
        EDIUS 6.5 can output H.264 1080/50p

If you want to prove me wrong download the trial and show me that you cannot output a H.264 50p file as you asked.
        I dare you. :)
        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM.
        Steve

Comment

1080p50

Steve, I apologize. I downloaded and installed the 6.51 trial, and yes, I can export my 1080p50 testvideo just as it should be 50p, frame by frame.
          Andre

Comment

No problem. I thought it was better for you to see it for your self instead of us telling you.
            Steve

Comment

1080p50

One more 1080p50 question: is there a way to get an higher bitrate setting for 1080p50 than the default(?) CBR 12Mb/s?. My originals are VBR 28Mb/s.

Comment

In the VBR settings type it in the max birate then click on than click on the extended settings tab and go back to the basic tab.
                Now encode.
                Check the bitrate afterwards wuth MediaInfo and you will see that the max bt rate is now 28Mbps
                Steve

Comment

1080p50

Where can I find VBR settings? I have a clip on the timeline. I go file>export>print to file>h264/avc...can't find bitrate settings.

Comment

It is in the first panel you get. You can adjust for both VBR or CBR.
                    Please look at the attachment
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 08-18-2012, 04:30 PM.
                    Steve

Comment

1080p50

Thanks, and sorry for this dumb question. Didn't look to what was just under the save pannel.

Comment

Hello

I am french, so excuse for the langage english

I have also a TM700

I confirm that now with 6.51 we can export in AVCHD 2.0 ( 1080, 50p, 28 Mbts ) and the result is in excellent quality, better than other software for the same rush ..
                        It is easy to find how to export in this format.

Comment

I too am happy now with the 50p/tm700 results with Edius 6.51. But a friend has 6.01 and tells me that setting the project properties for 1080p50 in no problem, but there is no way to find a 1080p50 format for exporting. Could this be correct? (=6.01 is not AVCHD2 compatible?). Thx for any advise.

Comment

IIRC we added this in 6.5. Maybe it is a good time for your friend to update. :)
                            Steve

Comment

But a friend has 6.01 and tells me that setting the project properties for 1080p50 in no problem, but there is no way to find a 1080p50 format for exporting. Could this be correct? (=6.01 is not AVCHD2 compatible?).
                              no and yes

6.01 is not AVCHD2 compatible

but you can export from a 1080 50p timeline as
                              • 1080 50p MPG 2 => up to i.e. 50 Mbits/sec
                              • 1080 50p H264 .mp4 => up to i.e 50Mbit/s
                              on the Edius 6.0x export windows for H264, it need a little trick, for set more as 17 Mbit
                              overwrite the 17M limit from the pull-down to => to i.e. 50M... it will works
                              (this trick have a long tradition in Edius...*g*)

both versions (.mpeg and .mp4) works well on Dune-Players or newer WD Players

I hope my pictures from Edius 6.07 are better as my english....
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CentralEurope; 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM.
                              CentralEurope aka Hans
                              voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
                              i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
                              [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Working...
                              X