X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6.51 / r3d

Hello,

i must edit a videoclip from a red epic,

is there anybody to give me every steps...

the format is 4096 X 2160,

first,
    i download redcine 32 bits to export red format in qt,

i may do proxys, right ? but do a proxy must respect a format ?

Then, in my project settings, do i do a fullhd or a 4k format ?

thanks for your help,

appreciate.

EDIUS 6.51 supports r3d files. You can make proxies in HQX that is better.
    Also we have videos explaining this. If you do a search you will find the links.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Personally, I would convert your files to HQX. If you have a
      newer system you will be able to edit with ease.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        EDIUS 6.51 supports r3d files. You can make proxies in HQX that is better.
        Also we have videos explaining this. If you do a search you will find the links.
        hello,

thanks for support,

may i use edius to convert in hqx or red cine ? which one is the faster way
        to encode ?

please copy me the thread with the video links, i didnt find it.

what about the final conformation ? what is the process to upscale in 4k finalizing the project.

xoxoxo

Comment

If your system is powerful enough, you can edit in 4k with
          HQX.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            If your system is powerful enough, you can edit in 4k with
            HQX.
            hum my system is powerful enough to edit yes, with a redline up to my timeline,

if it was a fiction (movie) it will be possible but for a video clip, it s not possible to edit with a rendering times that slow down it every actions.

This is the difference between advertising and reality.

Professionals have less and less budjet to edit video, 1000 usd for editing a video clip in my case, so, we must tell the truth about editing 4k or red format:

Yes its possible, edius read the red format, it can handle it nicely but it will take weeks if you dont have a 20000 usd video's station.

I will learn more in the encoding process, sorry to be a little bit realistic.

Thanks for giving me more advices, it will help me and people who will read the red thread.

xoxoxo

Comment

Please post your system specs.

But look at my screen shot very carefully.

4096x2100 screen shot.png

You will notice the only thing that has turned red in this is the native Red files at 1/8 res. The HQX files are 10bit 4096x2100 and so is the resolution. The key will be your frame rate. Keep it at 23.98 and you will probably see better results.
              But notice how much blue there is on that timeline. Surprising heh!

If you absolutely need to edit with Native red files, PPro would probably be your best solution for now.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Hi, Did I miss the news that RED EPIC is already supported?
                A month ago it was impossible to import EPIC files into EDIUS 6.5?

Comment

Please post your system specs.

But look at my screen shot very carefully.

[ATTACH]7298[/ATTACH]

You will notice the only thing that has turned red in this is the native Red files at 1/8 res. The HQX files are 10bit 4096x2100 and so is the resolution. The key will be your frame rate. Keep it at 23.98 and you will probably see better results.
                  But notice how much blue there is on that timeline. Surprising heh!

If you absolutely need to edit with Native red files, PPro would probably be your best solution for now.
                  lol PPRO never again :) ! encoding red in hqx is surely the solution, but i need 2 hours to encode 1 mn, and i have like 1 hour and 30 mns of red footages,

so...we gonna do proxy.

Can you tell me the best way to conform the all project at the end of my edit ? i mean to link the edius project to the red files ?

it must be in the same repertory ? is there an easy tip to do this without loosing half of my footages lol ?

Thanks for support.
                  j

my system :

intel core i7 2600k 3.40 ghtz | sandy bridge
                  ram ddr 8 corsair pc 3 667 mhz
                  gigabyte p67a ud5 b3
                  2X Samsung Spinpoint F4 Ecogreen S-ATA - 2 To - 32 Mo
                  Last edited by vgtah; 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Here is the thing. When you go to proxy mode it will still be a red file. It is still going to be tough going.

Go to page 334 in the manual that is within Edius Help>help.
                    This is the full explanation of how to use proxy mode. If you intend to use this frequently, you should put the icon on the timeline header. That would be under
                    Settings>user settings>user interface> button>timeline.

What is the final delivery resolution for this project? You could edit it in 1920x1080 23.98 . Then use the proxy. Make sure you choose the resolution of the red file to 1/8 or 1/16. It won't look good
                    but will work. This all depends on your system. Once again, please post your system specs.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Here is the thing. When you go to proxy mode it will still be a red file. It is still going to be tough going.

Go to page 334 in the manual that is within Edius Help>help.
                      This is the full explanation of how to use proxy mode. If you intend to use this frequently, you should put the icon on the timeline header. That would be under
                      Settings>user settings>user interface> button>timeline.

What is the final delivery resolution for this project? You could edit it in 1920x1080 23.98 . Then use the proxy. Make sure you choose the resolution of the red file to 1/8 or 1/16. It won't look good
                      but will work. This all depends on your system. Once again, please post your system specs.
                      Yes, i ll edit in 2k but...
                      sorry, nothing in my manual...i came from edius 5, then just upgraded it to 6.51, is there somewhere a tutorial for everybody to learn about this Proxy mode ?

thanks
                      j

Comment

Here is one and there are a few more on Youtube just type Edius proxy into youtube search
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvp0YqLpc
                        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
                          Here is one and there are a few more on Youtube just type Edius proxy into youtube search
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvp0YqLpc
                          More to know is the project setting.

If it comes from a red epic with 5k, 4k, 3k, and 2k footages (the speed recording is changing the rec format),

the project settings must be :

-1920/818 | Aspect ratio 1/1.

-Then, very important, change the default layouter parameter settings, ask him to "adjust the footages in WIDTH".
                          Then you ll get the kinescope with no deformation;

I worked with the proxy in apple pro res, it works nice, im just fear to replaced all the proxy with the native red files.

Is there a really safe process ?

my proxy and native red format have the same name.

Thanks for support.
                          j

Comment

Working...
                          X