Edius v4.51 & Quad-Core Performance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE:Asus P5K3 Deluxe

I'm looking at this setup for edius nx express on guad core.

Motherboard: ASUS P5K3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
    Processor: Quad core 2.6 or 2.9
    Memory: 2 gig of DDR3 at 7-7-7-21
    Video:NVIDIA 8800 640 of memory
    Video Storage 1tb external esata raid
    Edius NX Express
    Sound blaster value sound card

Any thoughts?

Comment

Do you need a soundcard? The onboard soundcard should be more than enough imo.

Otherwise it looks fine :)

Comment

Do you need this WiFi???
        Quad is ok, not fully supported yet.
        Mmmm... DDR2 will be good enough.
        Forget about Xplode Pro and for Edius realtime. You do not need that expencive card, Edius is not using it's power anyway.
        Good one!
        Edius NX Express
        Perfect!
        Use onbord sound!

Any thoughts?
        Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

RE:Edius with Quad-Core

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
          Do you need this WiFi???

This board unlike many others gets great reviews by people who've purchased and are using it. I don't really need the Wifi. My computer will be a wireless access point with D-link wireless router. With this router I can wireless stream video, audio, or photos from my Media Player Library to my PS3, and display them on HDTV or play them on surround sound system. I can also wireless copy these media files to the PS3 hard drive. I've copied some HD files to the PS3 hard drive to play them on HDTV. It's great.

Quad is ok, not fully supported yet.

I think it makes sense to get quad core as it will be desktop standard before very long, and software will be increasingly able to take advantage.

Mmmm... DDR2 will be good enough.

Yes DDR2 8500 would be fine, but this board only takes DDR3. DDR3 is now available in faster timings and is getting a bit cheaper, but it's still a but of a splerge.

Forget about Xplode Pro and for Edius realtime. You do not need that expencive card, Edius is not using it's power anyway.

I agree this card not needed at all for Edius since Edius doesn't rely on the graphic card. But it does have excellent video guality. It also is ready to play HD video from Blue Ray disk, if in the future I get a blue ray drive. It also can handle very high video resolutions if I get 24 inch or greater monitor in the future, right now I have 21 inch Dell. Generally I keep video cards a relatively long time. So I could easily run this card for three years maybe more. If I get much cheaper card maybe I'll want to replace it in a year or two. I'm not really a computer video gamer. So I don't need it for that.

Good one!

Yes, I'll get a 1TB G-TECH ESATA

Edius NX Express
          Perfect!
          Yep Looking forward to it, but it may be a few months.

Use onbord sound!

Sound blaster is sitting in my current machine. I could use it or save an empty slot. We'll see.

I just got a new contract at work with a raise that is retroactive to last January, and will be getting a nice check pretty soon! I also have some items for sale on Ebay such as my Panasonic AG DVC30 Camcorder, and a Prestini Alto Saxophone. Anyone interested?

The entire setup could run a little under $4,000. It's kind of crazy since I don't earn a dime with any of this. But next time I go to Poland I'll be able to shoot in in the Canon's HDV or 24P. I'll have a great system for editing and will be able to archive my finished product in HD on DV tape. I distribute my videos to people all around the world who have roots in or an interest in this area of Poland. These people really appreciate what I do, and know one else is really doing it.I should probably form a 501c3 tax free foundation and start taking a tax deduction for all this equipment?

Tilford Bartman

Comment

Hi Tilford,

All specs are looking good. Quad is fine. The mobo is great, and WiFi might come in handy if you don't want to pull wires.

The 8800GTX (?) is a bit of an overkill as others have stated, but it should last you for a long time. Especially since you're not a gamer. But games would run like crazy on that one.

Not sure you can file it and enter it as tax free. Ask an accountant. I put all my equipment under "business buy".

Comment

Re: Penryn Chips to be introduced in November

These chips offer significant improvements from the current quad core. They're due to be introduced November 11th, but who knows when one of us would be able to get our hands on one. They'll be expensive but I think I'd be able to at least afford one of the lower end ones, and also I think prices of the current quad core will drop quite a bit once these are available. There are compatible mother boards available now. Some that use DDR3 and some that are DDR2 1066. I may try to wait two or three months before I upgrade in order to get one of these chips or to pick up a cheaper quad core. . . we'll see.

Comment

Working...
              X