Credit Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Rolls

I don't have need for many elaborate titles, but I do require a lot of old-fashioned credit rolls.

I was using TMP for this but can no longer get it to work within Edius. I have tried QuickTitler but it is just too basic. I need to be able to change fonts and attributes on indivdual titles within the roll. With QT I can only get it to make changes globally, but it is possible that this could be user error and there is a way I am not aware of. That would be the best-case scenario I suppose (or at least the cheapest.)

Am looking for any advice/suggestions on a good alternative titler. I am aware of Prodad's Heroglpyh, New Blue's Titler Pro, and the Boris Titler. Does anyone have experience with any or all of these? Are there others available?

I am looking for something that can create rolls and change attributes easily, some titlers in the past have made you jump thru hoops for a simple roll.
    For instance, a typical need would be to have one line of title be a certain font and color, and then a second line directly below the first that would be a different font and color. These 2 lines would essentially repeat many times creating the roll. So it would be great if I could select all the titles of one type and make universal changes to just that style and then do the same with the other style in one hit.

Currently I am using 6.07 but will be upgrading to 6.5 soon.

Any suggestions?

Any info much appreciated,
    Bill

Highly recommended is Vistitle its currently available as Version 1.86 and Vistitle have announced a free upgrade to Version 2 within specified dates
    Many satisfied users here on the forum

http://www.vistitle.com/

Do a search for User GDAME on the forum i believe he sells it in USA
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

+1for Vistitle.
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

I find that the new Heroglyph has a rather smooth roll, and works very well...I never tried Vistitle, but I hear its great.....NewBlue is a bit unrifined...needs some more work, but it works ok, from what I did with it....

Comment

QuickTitler may be able to do what you want, but you will have to use separate text blocks to allow different colours. You can select all text blocks that need to get the same style with CTRL key, and apply any style. Is that what you need?
          Edius Workgroup 8.53

Comment

Some attributes can be change on selected bits of text, even portions of a word, such as font, size, italic.

However, not clear to me whether or not bold, justification or text color can be thus changed.

QuickTitler is just that, a quick and simple basic titler.

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
              Highly recommended is Vistitle its currently available as Version 1.86 and Vistitle have announced a free upgrade to Version 2 within specified dates
              Many satisfied users here on the forum

http://www.vistitle.com/

Do a search for User GDAME on the forum i believe he sells it in USA
              Thanks for the input.
              Sorry, I forgot to list Vistitle in my prior post. I have tried a trial version of it and played with it a bit. Didn't seem to easily do what I wanted, to be honest I got a little frustrated with it. I'm sure it is great for fancy stuff but for my somewhat basic needs it seemed to be a lot of trouble. Not that it wasn't capable, I was just hoping to find something more intuitive.

Also, demoed New Blue Titler Pro and wasn't thrilled with it either. Both seem somewhat geared to wonderful customization, but the rolls are kind of overlooked or so it seemed. Still looking for something simpler. Often, quick and easy is the best route. But they seem to be either too quick and easy (and therefore too basic), or they can do everything under the sun and have an extensive learning curve, and then even after learning it there are still a lot of clicking and mousing.

Comment

Originally posted by plekkie View Post
                QuickTitler may be able to do what you want, but you will have to use separate text blocks to allow different colours. You can select all text blocks that need to get the same style with CTRL key, and apply any style. Is that what you need?
                I forgot to mention that the text for the rolls is usually emailed to me from clients. I then just import it into the titler so I don't have to worry about spelling, etc.
                I don't know how to divide it into separate text blocks in QT. I obviously tried highlighting only certain lines but any change would affect everything.

Ran into similar problems with Vistitle and New Blue also. TMP actually handled this very well and was excellent for my needs. Still need to give Prodad a shot.

Apparently the trend these days is away from credit rolls so most new titlers are weak in this area and seem to include it as an afterthought for the sake of completeness. But I have a few big clients where this is pretty mandatory and I want to give them what they want. There are alternative methods of course, but none are as quick and easy as what I was doing in TMP.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
                Bill

Comment

Try Heroglyph , it works ok, crawles and rolls are much smoother than NewBlue, but it has to get used to...tied it, like it, and think it will be my titler of choice until I can find something worth my efforts. Has some nice custom lower thirds as well....was playing around with some, and found animating them simple and interesting...but like i said, tales getting used to.

Comment

I guess it is going to come down to how adept you are at picking up and learning a piece of software. If you just want to drag and drop and have the software do everything for you, well, Heroglyph would be your choice. It is for someone who just wants to learn the interface and then have the program do the rest.

Vistitle has the steepest learning curve of them all. However, once you learn how to use it, you will reap the biggest rewards from using it of the titlers listed.

New Blue is decent. It is easy to use and as Hereoglyph is, drag and drop, or even just hover for preview. It now has some 3d functions. But not yet certified for 6.51.

So, you need to decide how much of a learning curve that you can handle and how much work you want the program to do automatically.
                    All three paid titlers will do a good job for you. It just depends on your specific requirements. The price tag for each is around the same. So, cost is not a factor.

Vistitle 2.0 will be out shortly. This has some very, very, nice things in it. It has 3d extrusions for one. In 2d it gives that extra dimension to make your titles pop!
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Vistitle 2.0 is now available for download.
                      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

If I can use a program right off the bat anyone can! I am not an editor by trade and I learned how to use Vistitle in short order. On Screen Training has a pretty good basic tutorial on how to get going with Vistitle. And now that it has the ability to extrude text is is really all one needs.

I have Bluff Titler also and to do scrolls or crawls in it is pretty straight forward and it is cheap. But there is a reason it is cheap. It doesn't have a very good user manual.
                        Edius 8 Workgroup, Intel 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard, 32GB DDR3 1600 ram, SSD for C, external Raid box with WE RE4 1TB drives Raid 0 for video assets. Overclocked 4.3ghz, Asus GTX 660 ti, water cooled system. Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.
                          I gave Vistitle and Titler Pro another good go.
                          What I found would kill me are the rendering times. Well, actually I mean just the fact that you need to render in the first place. I need to do a lot tweaking with the total length of each roll and re-rendering each time would be pretty much a deal-breaker. Many of these rolls need to be pretty darn long too. Exporting to file and then adjusting speed is not really a good option either.

Fortunately, I got creative and did manage to come up with a pretty quick and easy workaround in order to get Quicktitle to produce the effect I needed, which I was absolutely thrilled about. I see comments on this forum about QT being jagged or producing inferior results in some way. I can't say that I see them. I've been using it for years now and have never had an issue with it in that area. Couldn't see any noticeable improvement in Vistitle or New Blue. Still may give Heroglyph a run.

What is Bluff Titler, never heard of it.

Thanks again,
                          Bill

Comment

Vistitle is 100% realtime on both of my systems. If you have a lot of layers underneath the title, just turn those off.
                            If your system won't do the roll without rendering, you can always do a buffer prefill
                            (Shift + Spacepbar) and it will play from that point until the buffer depletes. This was you can
                            move down the timeline without having to render, but you will be able to see how those sections
                            play.

What are your system specs?
                            Last edited by Jerry; 08-03-2012, 02:22 PM.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
                            X