6.50 and windows 7 32 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.50 and windows 7 32 bit

Am I correct in assuming that 6.50 runs only on 64 bit windows 7?

Thanks

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Specs says,
    Windows 7 32 and 64 bit
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks Steve.. I guess maybe there is a little life left in my 32 bit XP machines if I install windows 7 32. I have two NX machines running XP and Edius 6.07 and they have been rock solid .
      I also have one windows 7 machine 64 bit machine that I will upgrade to 6.5 I just would feel better If I had at least one machine as a back up.

Thanks

Ronnie
      Last edited by RonnieMartin; 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM.
      Ronnie Martin
      Kato Video Productions
      main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

I would remove the hard drive with your XP installation, drop in a new drive and install the OS from scratch. That way if something goes wrong or there are problems with your "new" system you can get back to V6.07 in a matter of minutes.

You do not need a working V6.07 installation when you install the V6.5 upgrade, you just need the serial number of your previous version when you activate V6.5.

Comment

I know that there are a lot of variables but is there a large performance hit with a machine running 32 bit windows 7 and 6.50 when compared the same machine running XP and 6.07?

Thanks

Ronnie
          Ronnie Martin
          Kato Video Productions

Comment

IMO Win 7 has better memory management, at least if you have 2GB of RAM.

Comment

Thanks Brandon..... Actually I see that as a plus with the 32 bit machines. That is to not only upgrade to 6.50 but to update the OS to win 7 with the older machines.

Hope that everything is going well for you and your family.

Ronnie
              Ronnie Martin
              Kato Video Productions

Comment

Working...
              X