Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skier-hughes
    • May 2007

multicam and audio editing mistake

So, I'm plodding on with my multicam learning.......

I forgot to drop a copy of the audio to a seperate audio track.

I've now edited about 45 mins of 3 cameras and of course I just want to use 1 audio track.

I can't easily drop the one I want onto an audio track and use it because I did a fair bit of cutting excess pieces out.

If I go along the timeline and copy/paste all the audio pieces I want, becase when that camera is not in use it's audio is muted.

Is there an easy way to correct my problem?

Do I have to go along the timeline manually change each piece the camera with teh audio, copy audio, paste audio onto audio track and then change back to the other camera, move forward repeat?

Thanks
    Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2
  • Khoi Pham
    • May 2007

Originally posted by skier-hughes

I've now edited about 45 mins of 3 cameras and of course I just want to use 1 audio track.

I can't easily drop the one I want onto an audio track and use it because I did a fair bit of cutting excess pieces out.

If I go along the timeline and copy/paste all the audio pieces I want, becase when that camera is not in use it's audio is muted.

Do I have to go along the timeline manually change each piece the camera with teh audio, copy audio, paste audio onto audio track and then change back to the other camera, move forward repeat?

Thanks
    Graham
    I don't understand what problem you are having, but just finish editing and don't mess with any audio track in multicam mode and when you are finish just compress to a single track and delete the audio track that you don't need.
    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• Rusty
      • May 2007

Rather than copy to Audio, next time Map to audio and save a step.

True, but you can unlink (ungroup for mapped audio) audio from video and move the good parts to an audio track.

If I go along the timeline and copy/paste all the audio pieces I want, because when that camera is not in use it's audio is muted.
      Yes, select all clips in an area except the first clip delete the audio. (Alt-A). Now extend the remaining first audio clip to fill the deleted audio spaces. Ta-da! Rubberband nodes remain in tact too!

Sometimes, but extending the audio works when I forget to map.

Rusty
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• Khoi Pham
        • May 2007

[
        Sometimes, but extending the audio works when I forget to map.

Rusty[/QUOTE]

Ah I see what you see, the above tip from Rusty should work just fine.
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

• skier-hughes
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Rusty
          1. Rather than copy to Audio, next time Map to audio and save a step.

2. True, but you can unlink (ungroup for mapped audio) audio from video and move the good parts to an audio track.

3. Yes, select all clips in an area except the first clip delete the audio. (Alt-A). Now extend the remaining first audio clip to fill the deleted audio spaces. Ta-da! Rubberband nodes remain in tact too!

4. Sometimes, but extending the audio works when I forget to map.

Rusty
          1. I watched the multicam tutorial were it told me to copy to audio!!!! I'll try this next time.

2. I'll try this later.

3. Problem with this is that I have cut out several pieces of video and audio, so extending won't work for the whole of the section.

4. As number 3.

Khoi,

The problem is that the sections of audio attached to the cameras not being shown are muted, so I can't do that.

Thanks, I'll try more in the morning when I'm reinvogorated.
          www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

• BillShedoudy
            • Aug 2007

Skier,

The only way I know of is to use Rusty's suggestion and then go back and cut out the pieces of audio so it syncs with the video. This is a PITA I know but consider it a lesson learned. If you are only 45 minutes into it, it may be faster to set the audio up correctly this time and re-edit the whole thing from the beginning. I have found having to do multiple re-syncs of audio can be quite time consuming but using the waveform helps a lot. Only you can make that call, unless someone has an easy fix for your problem but unfortunately I doubt one exists.

Best,
            Bill

Comment

• Khoi Pham
              • May 2007

1. I watched the multicam tutorial were it told me to copy to audio!!!! I'll try this next time.

2. I'll try this later.

3. Problem with this is that I have cut out several pieces of video and audio, so extending won't work for the whole of the section.

4. As number 3.

Khoi,

The problem is that the sections of audio attached to the cameras not being shown are muted, so I can't do that.

Thanks, I'll try more in the morning when I'm reinvogorated.
              All you have to do is unsync the audio from the video, move it down to an empty audio track, reenable it (unmuted) and put your mouse at the edge of that audio clip and drag it out all the way to the end.

Comment

• Rusty
                • May 2007

To simplify and leave all transitions and clips in place...

Select the problem clips.
                Unlink audio from video. (Alt-Y)?)
                Select the audio clips only.
                Press 0 (zero) to enable.
                Ta-Da!

Done, Ruaty
                Rusty Rogers | Films
                >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

• pjsssss
                  • May 2007

Rusty has the easieast solution at this point. The key is the 0 (zero) will renable the clips that are disabled. It is like an on/off toggle.

Comment

• skier-hughes
                    • May 2007

Just trying Rusty's method, but when I hit zero, I get a zero come up in the preview monitor window, to send the cursor to that postition.
                    Whichever zero key I use is the same.

I press ctrl and left click each audio that needs enabling to highlight them all and then just press zero.

I've checked in the keyboard shortcut list and zero is down as enable/disable clip.

If I right click and choose enable then it works a treat and I can drag down all the audio in one go and it works brill.

Anyone know why my zero doesn't enable?

Thanks Rusty and everyone else for the replies.

Graham
                    www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

• pjsssss
                      • May 2007

Try highlighting a single audio clip or a single video clip and click the zero and see what happens.

Comment

• skier-hughes
                        • May 2007

Tried that, just the same. Any clip be it enabled or not, it just sends the cursor to position 0.
                        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

• pjsssss
                          • May 2007

The only other thing I can think of would be to assign a different key to that shortcut and then go back and change it to zero again.

Comment

• skier-hughes
                            • May 2007

excellent working now ta. Back to trying rusty's method.

Graham
                            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...