Burn to Bluray - Option Grayed Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn to Bluray - Option Grayed Out

I have been having great success creating projects then burning to blu-ray from the timeline using Edius 6.06. Just two weeks ago I burned a slideshow of images and music. Prior to that burned about 10 disks with archived avi clips.

My latest project is a slideshow. Regardless of what I do I cannot get the option to burn to blu-ray.

Here's my work flow.

File -> New -> Project -> Check Customize Box -> Select Video Preset -> Choose HD 1440 x 1080 50.94i

Regardless of what I do, I cannot get the blu-ray option to NOT be grayed out when I go to burn the disk.

I have tried probably two dozen new projects with various settings and cannot get the BD option.

Tried both images and/or avi clips.

Tried exporting to a 1440 x 1080 50i AVCHD file then re-importing into a 1440 preset also. Still no luck.

Just not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Alan

Are you upper field 1st?
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

Comment

Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
      Are you upper field 1st?
      tdtinker
      Yes, upper field first.

Comment

Check upper right of Burn to Disc Interface to see if its BDR or DVD also silly suggestion maybe but in the 2nd tab is BDR selected there
        also update to 6.07 just in case
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Not seeing what you are referring to. I'm browsing the Grass Valley site. Where might I find version 6.07 to download?

Thanks..Alan

Comment

Found the download.

Comment

Install version 6.07. No difference.

General question:

If the template I load meets blu-ray specs, does it matter what type data I add to the timeline?

Do certain types of data improve the ability to burn a disk to blu-ray.

Again, the odd thing for me is I did all this two weeks with great success.

Alan

Comment

Can you re visit the old project to find the difference something must not be complying
                System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Duplicated the settings and no BD.

If I were to print to file then import into a blu-ray template, what would be your suggestion?

Thanks...Alan

Comment

Can other program see your blu-ray burner? maybe it is dead.
                    If you want to output a file, then use the blu-ray exporter, or MPEG2.
                    I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Edius sees the burner. I can burn a DVD but no BD option.

Export to MPEG2 the import in 1440 50i?

Comment

You can export to what ever you want as long as it is blu-ray compliant, then use another program like encore or to author and burn your BD until you figured out what is wrong, if you want to use Edius again, I don't see how it would help, it doesn't matter what files are on the timeline, as long as your project is blu-ray compliant it should work.
                        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

To be sure, in Edius you click on
                          Export/Burn to Disc/Style and there your BD button is grey out?

Comment

That is correct.

I followed your suggestion to export to MPEG2 1440 and I then imported into a 1440 template and I now get the BD option.

That is the only format I have exported to, and imported from, that has displayed the BD option.

I do not understand it but I am happy I now have the blu-ray option.

Thanks to all for their feedback.

Alan

Comment

You should try to figure out what the problem is, this is not a good way to make BD, your files are being encoded twice, once from Edius and then again from the BD program, but your problem is really weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X