Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty
    replied
    The HV10 is a brilliant little camera, in sunlight I use it next to a Sony FX1 and can't tell the difference.

Be sure your camera is in HDV playback mode (not auto). You must disconnect the 1394a cable to make the switch. The same goes for recording from the MPEG TS Writer.

For DV projects use the "Locked DV" setting on the camera

Edius handles this camera easily.
    Rusty

Leave a comment:

• jonandmarkuk
    replied
    How do I know what format my camcorder is outputting. It's a Canon HV10

Cheers for clearing up any confusion.

I assume when set in the NX mode it will output to a HD TV / Monitor?
    How do I know if I have connected the audio cable to the correct part on my soundcard. It only talks about connecting to the onboard sound but I have a XFI card.
    Last edited by jonandmarkuk; 09-13-2007, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Yes, you should use "Generic HDV" to capture HDV. (NX is generic, go figure)
    If you're new to NX the settings can be daunting.
    With HDV chose 1440x1080, and if your system can handle it, use Canopus HQ as the CODEC to encode on the fly.

You may be disappointed, but NX does not improve performance, only adds (fantastic) RT output. For best results, be sure your project settings match your input/file settings.

Use ADVC to use NX like an OCHI card with Premere or AE.

Have fun!
    Rusty

Leave a comment:

• jonandmarkuk
    started a topic Nx Card HDV capture?

Nx Card HDV capture?

Have just installed a NX Express card to replace my DVStorm2 and it seems to work fine with my Camera.

My only question is, Is it correct that it should be using "Generic HDV" capture option from the selection of capture options.
    I know it's being picky but when I spent so much on the card I would have thought it would show as NX HDV capture?

Also why is it when I load the ADVC connection thing it complains that the DV cable between the cards is missing, or is it expecting to find a cable to an NX bay?
    Is it possible I have left this connection in the wrong mode for Edius to only show Generic HDV?

My concern is if I'm using the Generic HDV capture does that mean the card isn't adding anything realtime to the actual editing process?

Cheers
Working...
X