Alpha Channel - How?...Please be patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Channel - How?...Please be patient

I confess to ignorance about alpha channels and there is no Edius tutorial on the subject yet. So, can someone give a simple explanation of how one might use it in Edius? My gut says mask a clip and save it with alpha then magically you add some clips together and the masked portion appears in the second clip. I'm guessing here and would appreciate a step by step description intended for a real neophyte. The 6.5 manual's treatment seems a little too thin for a beginner. The manual talks of a key but not how it's created. If it's by masking, what is the best way to accomplish that if the target isn't quite still? Mask each frame?? I hope not.

As always, my respect and appreciation to you all.
    Gigabyte mobo with i7 K2600, 16G Ram, Storm Mobile, nVidia 570 but I'm just a hobbyist.

After reading more threads,

I see that chromakey and green screen takes the place of masking. That answers one question. But introduces another. Can if the original clip was not done with a green screen?

I have much to learn and find this forum invaluable.
    Gigabyte mobo with i7 K2600, 16G Ram, Storm Mobile, nVidia 570 but I'm just a hobbyist.

Comment

play with the Mask Filter, you may like it
      http://vimeo.com/44625053 (shows how to use alpha etc)
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

https://vimeo.com/44625053 Check this...thought it was great....makes me want Edius 6.5 more .......This guy did a great demo of the power of Edius

Hey Anton, you beat me to it....lol.....

Comment

Working...
        X