Edius 6.5 demo features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6.5 demo features

I am I reading the new features in Edius 6.5 right. Quicktime importer does that mean if someone gives me footage in a quicktime wrapper like the video that was captures through FCP that Edius will open and use it? If so is it disabled in the demo? That is a feature that I can use right now I have a shooter who insists on importing his xdcam footage through FCP and then my system cant use it unless I open it on my Mac with FCP or PRemiere pro. I tried the demo it let me import it but it only had audio.
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

If he uses ProRes you'll have no problem, even with 6.0x.
    Consumer codec's like Apple Intermediate is bound to cause trouble.
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Well I can use prores with 6.0 I thought they added a feature in 6.5 that will let me import .mov files. ok I will have to edit in FCP for this one. everytime I convert to prores or even p2 with the mac my audio gets mixed.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

The new feature is the Mac codec for being able to export
        QT HQ/HQX files for use on Macs.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

oh ok that doesnt help me. Glad I didnt upgrade:)
          Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
            oh ok that doesnt help me. Glad I didnt upgrade:)
            But it could help you a great deal... you could get your mac friends to download the free mac QT HQ/HQX codec from the GV utilities page and then they can send you HQ/HQX QT files instead of prores or other mac centric codecs. You can do the same with your windows buddies who use Adobe products or Vegas etc as there is also a read write windows HQ/HQX codec available for them.

6.5 is looking good for cross platform work going forward... just a few hic ups to sort out. So an upgrade might not be that useless for you after all... especially with alpha, layouter, colour.....

By the way does this shooter work for you and he just gives you the files for you to edit.... if so why would he go through all the extra work of ingesting via FCP when it would be faster for him and easier for you if he were to just copy the cards entire folder structure to an external hdd a give that to you.... oh wait a minute he probably just loves the extra time playing with his mac.

Sorry for the humour... I hope there is something useful in the response.

Best
            Dave.
            Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
            www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

He shoots for me on occasion. He is one of the many Mac zombies who believe everything lives and dies through FCP. So the only way he knows how to get footage off his camera is to use the log and transfer tool. plus he uses xdcam so he needs to wipe the cards out right away because he only has 3.
              Randy

Comment

Well in that case he can save himself some valuable time and energy by simply clearing each cards entire contents directly into its own folder on an external hard drive... its a simple copy operation fast for him and fast for you. Buy him a couple of robust portable HDD's to use and format them with exFat... to easy.

Best
                Dave.
                Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

yeah those mac guys are hard to change:).
                  Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
                    yeah those mac guys are hard to change:).
                    Not all of them, I started out in video being trained on a Mac with FCP, being a previous audio engineer I was biased to PC's (and building them myself) and after about a year I made a sweet deal to sell of my Hard & Software.

The same person who bought the Mac system was converted by me a bit later and a few more followed throughout the years, it's tough, no doubt, but not impossible :)
                    Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                    EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                    wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Working...
                    X