Strange Edius 6.07 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Edius 6.07 issue

I wanted to know if any of you have seen this before or maybe can shed some light as to why this would be happening or how to fix it.

I have a project on the timeline that I started in Edius 6.07 and all of the footage looks great and the edit has been going fine. I had to move on to other projects so I gave the entire unfinished project to another editor that is using a earlier 6.03 I believe. He finished the edit and now when I take his project file and open it on my 6.07 system... the footage looks really choppy almost like there is some interlacing going on even though its 24p footage.

I thought it might be my monitor but even the export looks the same when viewed on another computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind I figured out the problem. I just need help on how to solve it.

The other editor started a new project at 29.97 on the 24p footage from the Canon 5d.

Is there a way to change the entire project back to the 24p timeline? I looked under settings and it just had 59 and 29 framerate selectable.

The entire project if finished and I would HATE to have to re-do it because of a bonehead mistake.

Comment

Check the project folder to see if there are any other saved versions or autosave versions

Originally posted by smontoto View Post
      Nevermind I figured out the problem. I just need help on how to solve it.

The other editor started a new project at 29.97 on the 24p footage from the Canon 5d.

Is there a way to change the entire project back to the 24p timeline? I looked under settings and it just had 59 and 29 framerate selectable.

The entire project if finished and I would HATE to have to re-do it because of a bonehead mistake.
      System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
      Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
      Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

No he is a newer editor with Edius and started the entire project using 29.97 upperfield first. All of the footage is 23.98 from the canons.

Is there a way to open the project file and manually correct the framerate etc and trick Edius into opening it to the right timeline?

Comment

You can change Project settings in Settings/project settings-change current settings its on the top above your preview monitor. I take it you already made a project setting for what you want so you should be able to select previous
          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Ive already tried that and the only Video Presets it shows under Project settings-Video Preset is the HD 1920x1080 59.94i and HD 1920 x1080 29.97p. There is no 23.98 or 24 option whatsoever.

Comment

Can you not create one in System Settings/Project Presets/New Preset save it and then change to it
              I am not familiar with NTSC framerates

Comment

No that doesn't work for me. The computer Im on already uses 1920 x 1080 23.98 project files to begin with.

It just doesnt give me the option to change it to that even though all of the original footage is in the exact same format.

I am at a loss. I am going to hate to have to re-edit an entire project because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by smontoto View Post
                  No that doesn't work for me. The computer Im on already uses 1920 x 1080 23.98 project files to begin with.

It just doesnt give me the option to change it to that even though all of the original footage is in the exact same format.

I am at a loss. I am going to hate to have to re-edit an entire project because of this.
                  Hi
                  May be this could help you. I am not sure.Try once. Anton has posted for other reason not for this. But ........any way you can try once.Here is as Anton says.

with windows explorer, copy/paste the project file

now it will be called project-copy.ezp

now open project-copy.ezp in EDIUS5 or 6 or 6.5 ( in new project settings 23.98p that you looking for)

and you can at any time open project.ezp in EDIUS4

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...py-project.mp4

Please do forgive me if it doesn't work. My mistake not Anton's.

regards
                  Pabitra Kasaa

Comment

Bad news...
                    You cannot change frame rates in a project, only dimensions and interlaced/progressive settings.
                    Export your current project as a single, flat file. Import that into a proper project to use as a guide.
                    You'll be surprised how fast you'll get it done when you're angry!
                    :~)
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

omg thats what I was afraid of.... I have a call in to Edius support but havent received a call back yet. Thanks guys for the info, I am going to try the pbskasaa method as a last ditch try. But Ive already tried importing the project file and it said incorrect framerate. arggh!!!

Comment

Don't beat yourself up over this one, we've all been there.
                        I just beat a poor shooter for 23.98 footage for NTSC broadcast.
                        He deserved it.
                        Rusty Rogers | Films
                        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
                        X