Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6.5 problem reading file Canon 7D and 5d mark2

Hello all,
    after installing a new version EDIUS 6.5 I tryed import file shooting on Canon 7D and Canon 5D mark II and they display incorrectly the files are green, see attached file.
    No problem with 5D mark III.

Anyone has the same big problem?

Regards

Stefano
    Attached Files
    http://www.studiolab24.it

This is a known issue at this time. This is fixed in a Patch that is we will release soon.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Crap, this is what I shoot with all Canon DSLR.
      What happen to “We were careful not to release this new version of EDIUS until all of the new features that our customers requested of us were included and reliable,” said Charlie Dunn
      How can they missed this? no beta testers use Canon DSLR? guess I have to wait, I was so excited to get it, what a disappointment.
      I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
        What happen to “We were careful not to release this new version of EDIUS until all of the new features that our customers requested of us were included and reliable,” said Charlie Dunn
        How can they missed this? no beta testers use Canon DSLR? guess I have to wait, I was so excited to get it, what a disappointment.
        Why are you disappointed? It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks to produce a boxed version of a software. GV delivered on time (end of June) but unfortunately not all of the Canon files work with that build. Steve already announced a patch, that's very good news. Customers here may wait 3-6 months after an initial release to be sure to get everything ironed out. Do you buy a car on the first day? I don't.

Comment

I am sorry for the inconvience and disappointment you may feel.
          We will have a patch soon as I said earler.
          Please don't direct anything at the testers because they have worked day and night.
          Why do you think we can say that we will have a patch soon?

I can understand your frustration but I kindly ask you for a bit more patience.

Thanks.
          Steve

Comment

I would not have been disappointed if Charlie Dunn didn't put out that statement, because I know software always have bugs from any company, I was a beta testers for years with another NLE software, and I understand that there always bugs and could easily missed by beta testers but come on, don't put out a statement like this "We were careful not to release this new version of EDIUS until all of the new features that our customers requested of us were included and reliable,” and missed a big bug like that, should have shut up and I would be fine with all the bugs in the first release, I have never upgrade software when it first release anyway, this is my first time wanting to do it.
            I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

No disrespect to any beta testers at all, my apologies if my post came off that way.

Comment

I would not have been disappointed if Charlie Dunn didn't put out that statement, because I know software always have bugs from any company, I was a beta testers for years with another NLE software, and I understand that there always bugs and could easily missed by beta testers but come on, don't put out a statement like this "We were careful not to release this new version of EDIUS until all of the new features that our customers requested of us were included and reliable,” and missed a big bug like that, should have shut up and I would be fine with all the bugs in the first release, I have never upgrade software when it first release anyway, this is my first time wanting to do it.
                To be honest Canon file support is not new so the statement still holds true I guess. :)
                Steve

Comment

I too use Canon DSLR's and the real annoyance is that the 31 day trial timer is counting down without me able to test my files.

I can only hope this "patch" comes before the final day.

Comment

Doubt it very much that you can patch or update a trail version in any way.
                    Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                    EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                    wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

its been stated that this bug only exisits in the trial version - the full version is apparently bug free of this problem

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
                        I too use Canon DSLR's and the real annoyance is that the 31 day trial timer is counting down without me able to test my files.

I can only hope this "patch" comes before the final day.
                        If you have to finish project, and the trial is ending, convert your
                        DSLR files from 1920X1080 to 1280x720. Give that a shot.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          If you have to finish project, and the trial is ending, convert your
                          DSLR files from 1920X1080 to 1280x720. Give that a shot.
                          I dont need to finish anything (I wouldnt use a trial for a real project) - I just want to see how well 6.5 handles the canon files comapred to 6.07 before I decide if I want to upgrade. Right now I cant do this. That's all my comment was referring to really.

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
                            its been stated that this bug only exisits in the trial version - the full version is apparently bug free of this problem
                            I installed the full version and its there two. At first I thought my computer installation was bad and re-installed but sure enough the problem is definitely there.

I see they have 6.51 update though.
                            Last edited by ntbone; 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

6.51 has solved the "dslr" problem, my canon t2i files display just fine now.
                              Edius 6.52, I7 950, Asus P6X58D-E, 12gb memory, 2gb gtx460, win 7 pro 64bit

Comment

Working...
                              X