X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by dpalomaki View Post
    The unanswered business question is how many sales are truely lost to copying. An end user might copy a DVD for the 35 cent marginal cost of a blank DVD, but would not buy the same DVD if they had to pay $10 to have a copy of it.
    Exactly - you can't "lose" a sale to someone who was never going to buy it to begin with.

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    I just question the entire usefulness/effectiveness of Copy Scamble System in the first place if it is child's play to chew through it
    It may not be effrctive against a 7-year old or teen computer user, but it works quite well against the masses who are "VCR time-setting challenged."

If copy protection costs $1 per disk, your disk sells for $10 over production cost, and by virtue of copy protection you increase sales by 10%, you have recoverd your cost.

The unanswered business question is how many sales are truely lost to copying. An end user might copy a DVD for the 35 cent marginal cost of a blank DVD, but would not buy the same DVD if they had to pay $10 to have a copy of it.

Leave a comment:

• editpoint
    replied
    Try http://www.fortiumtech.com/patronus_...rotection.aspx

It works OK to stop ripping

Leave a comment:

• George Glou
    replied
    I see....there is no reason to "lock" a dvd. :-)
    thank you all for replying
    George

Leave a comment:

• owens
    replied
    Originally posted by George Glou View Post
    Hi!
    Does anyone have an idea of how i can put a copy protection to a dvd?
    I use to author in Labpro.But if I can do it inside Edius that would also be nice.
    Or is there any way from Labpro?
    Thank you
    Hi, had a mate that was doing weddings and of course everyone copied the original DVD they got of the wedding, he asked me out copy protection, I looked around and found this he tried it and it works, he now gets extra orders.
    "There are all kinds of copy protection method applied to commercial/Hollywood DVDs. Most of them can be hacked easily. If you want to protect your work from illegal copying, you can follow this method.

What you need to do is to
    1. Add 10 minutes of blank / black video at the end of the last chapter.
    2. Author and burn the DVD as usual
    3. Use an X-acto knife to make some marks on the outter edge on the DVD where the different shade is visible to you.
    In that case, the DVD can still be played fine on computer and DV player. However, when someone try to make a copy with the computer, it will report cylindric error and won't copy the entire disc. If ignoring the error to proceed with the copy process, everything will be copied except the last 1GB file in the Video_TS folder. The copied DVD also won't be playable in DVD players.

I have tried this and several people have tried it. It works.
    Thanks to, www.dvinfo.net"

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
    Yes, I still use CSS for authoring and output to DLT. But, things have changed. Many rep. plants can load your DVD master into their software, and turn on CSS. Anton does this all the time.
    yes, I send DVD-R master to replication plant and they enable CSS at no charge

only if you want macrovision, you need to pay

macrovision prevents users from recording the DVD to a VCR (I don't know anyone who would do that at this day and age)

Leave a comment:

• Dry Biscuit
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
    Yes, I still use CSS for authoring and output to DLT. But, things have changed. Many rep. plants can load your DVD master into their software, and turn on CSS. Anton does this all the time.
    Absolutely - I just question the entire usefulness/effectiveness of Copy Scamble System in the first place if it is child's play to chew through it - which it is!

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyD
    replied
    Originally posted by Dry Biscuit View Post
    Oh yes - and the other thing I forgot to mention was if you do want to copy protect your DVD's and have them stamped at a replication house they will want you master on DLT. If you do not have a DLT machine you will have to buy/rent one!

!

Leave a comment:

• Dry Biscuit
    replied
    I thought it was going to be easy :)
    but thank you anyway.
    George
    Oh yes - and the other thing I forgot to mention was if you do want to copy protect your DVD's and have them stamped at a replication house they will want you master on DLT. If you do not have a DLT machine you will have to buy/rent one!

More fannying about for something that a 7 year old child could crack while he was updating his status on Facebook and eating his dinner at the same time !

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    A link to a replication service with information on DVD copy protection.
    http://www.twmedia.com/dvdcopyprotection.

Leave a comment:

• George Glou
    replied
    Γεια σου Zannettos.Καλή η ιδέα σου αλλά μιλάω για περίπου 200 αντίγραφα τα οποία θα παραδοθούν.Οπότε λίγο δύσκολο να χαράζω 200 κομμάτια.
    Ευχαριστώ πάντως.Ασχολείσαι με μοντάζ γάμου κτλ? ελπίζω να είσαι καλά.
    Γιώργος.

Anyway.Thank you all. I just thought that there must be a "button" in Labpro or in other software that I can choose before I author the dvd and compile it.
    Anyway Thanks a lot guys.
    George

Leave a comment:

• zannettos
    replied
    ΓΙΩΡΓΟ ΥΠΑΡΧΕΙ ΕΝΑΣ ΤΡΟΠΟΣ
    ΑΦΟΥ ΓΡΑΨΕΙΣ ΤΟ dvd ΚΑΝΕ ΜΙΑ ΧΑΡΑΞΗ ΣΤΟ ΑΓΡΑΦΟ ΜΕΡΟΣ ΤΑ ΠΕΡΙΣΣΟΤΕΡΑ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ ΑΝΤΙΓΡΑΦΗΣ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΜΠΟΡΕΣΟΥΝ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΚΟΠΙΑΡΟΥΝ
    ΠΡΟΥΠΟΘΕΣΗ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΝΑ ΑΦΗΣΕΙΣ ΛΙΓΟ ΚΕΝΟ ΧΩΡΟ

Leave a comment:

• George Glou
    replied
    I thought it was going to be easy :)
    but thank you anyway.
    George

Leave a comment:

• Dry Biscuit
    replied
    Hi!
    Does anyone have an idea of how i can put a copy protection to a dvd?
    I use to author in Labpro.But if I can do it inside Edius that would also be nice.
    Or is there any way from Labpro?
    Thank you
    It is not worth the expense - none of the copy protections are any good and all can be broken/copied with readily available free software.

Leave a comment:

• chappyware
    replied
    on second thought

SecurDisk doesn't prevent copying. It prevents accessing without a password. sorry for my confusion. Good luck with your search.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X