No announcement yet.

Edius 6.5 is here !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is on the same page as the demo himself.....
    Attached Files
    CentralEurope aka Hans
    voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
    i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
    [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
      All people that qualify for a free upgrade, will eventually receive an e-mail containing a download link and a serial number.

(There won't be any boxed product mailouts for the free upgrades)
      Any idea how long "eventually" is?

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin4life View Post
        Any idea how long "eventually" is?
        The first batch of upgrades went out last night/this morning.

Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
        I have 3 computers (home desktop, office desktop, laptop). If I understand it correctly I could install Edius on all 3 machines but only 2 machines "simultaneously active" and if the third machine is required then I would deactivate one of the other two machines. Of course only 1 machine will be able to be in use at one time. Is my understanding correct?
        Correct. If you want/need to use it on a machine that's not activated, you'll have to deactivate one of the activated machines, then activate the machine you want to use.
        At this time I am uncertain if there is a limit to the activations/deactivations allowed before you need to interact with a human.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
          The first batch of upgrades went out last night/this morning.

Correct. If you want/need to use it on a machine that's not activated, you'll have to deactivate one of the activated machines, then activate the machine you want to use.
          At this time I am uncertain if there is a limit to the activations/deactivations allowed before you need to interact with a human.
          That sounds good - I only use the laptop when I go on vacation/trip 3x a year max. It will be nice not to have to worry about the dongle anymore - I am always afraid of losing/breaking it and then $ 300 down the drain.

I have one more question, since this upgrade allows for NX support from the getgo (as opposed to the 6 month or more wait with version 6.0) is it fair to assume that Edius will continue to support the NX preview in the next major version (Edius 7.0)?
          VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
          MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

Comment

Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
            I have one more question, since this upgrade allows for NX support from the getgo (as opposed to the 6 month or more wait with version 6.0) is it fair to assume that Edius will continue to support the NX preview in the next major version (Edius 7.0)?
            No, that is not a good assumption. In fact, I would be surprised if it supported.
            1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
              No, that is not a good assumption. In fact, I would be surprised if it supported.
              I was afraid of that - a few years ago I wired the house with component video (5 TV's in several areas) so I could also preview Edius projects on larger TV's (now have up to 80" LED-LCD). It would be rather espensive to rewire again with HDMI. I assume the least expensive, simplest solution would be to use the HD Spark card with a good quality HDMI-component converter if 7.0 comes along without NX support. Anyone else using that type of setup now?
              VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
              MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

Comment

I have an HD Spark and an Intensity Pro in one machine.
                On my X58 system I have a Storm 3g and an Intensity Shuttle.
                THE Spark and Intensity Pro will do everything the NX
                will do. Your looking at less than $500 for both. You will need
                2- 1x slots. The foot print will be far less than the NX.
                You will also get real time output for Adobe programs.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  I have an HD Spark and an Intensity Pro in one machine.
                  On my X58 system I have a Storm 3g and an Intensity Shuttle.
                  THE Spark and Intensity Pro will do everything the NX
                  will do. Your looking at less than $500 for both. You will need
                  2- 1x slots. The foot print will be far less than the NX.
                  You will also get real time output for Adobe programs.
                  i wasn't familiar with Intensity Pro - how does this setup work - do you run an HDMI cable from the Spark into the HDMI "in" of the Intensity Pro and then use the component out from the Intesnsity Pro? Since I don't use Adobe would the Spark work with an HDMI-component converter (I have seen them for $30-$60) or is there some technical reason that the Intensity and Spark combination would work better? That way I only need to use one PCIe x1 slot.

Comment

Since you don't use Adobe, neither one of these would be what you need
                    right now. I could not tell if you captured analog video anymore. That would be the job of the Intensity.
                    You need to get a Spark card and run HDMI. The NX will more than likely be gone by the next version.
                    I was giving you a setup that could replace the NX exactly.

In order to continue to run component, and I don't know if this will even work, you will need to get two mini convertors.
                    1. HDMI to SDI
                    2. SDI to Analog

In theory this should get you back to component.

Here is the cost though.
                    Spark card $298
                    each adaptor is $295

That is $900 to continue to run the way you are doing now. Is this worth it to you?

I did see HDMI to component convertors, which I thought were illegal, for around $40. IF that is the case your cost drops drastically.
                    $298 for the Spark and
                    $40 for the convertor.
                    If it works, that would be your answer. But, I still don't know if you capture analog.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Or switch to Storm Mobile PCIe .

HDMI input/output
                      Component Input/Output in SD/HD (1920x1080i or p)
                      Composite SD i/o

More expensive but better than multi-adaptors solution.

Pierre Néel
                      Pierre Néel

Intel i7.3770k @ 4.2 GHz - Asus P8Z77 Pro - 8 GB DDR3 2133 MHz - Nvidia GTX 670 - HD Spark - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits - Edius 6.55 - Edius Neo 2.5 Booster

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        Since you don't use Adobe, neither one of these would be what you need
                        right now. I could not tell if you captured analog video anymore. That would be the job of the Intensity.
                        You need to get a Spark card and run HDMI. The NX will more than likely be gone by the next version.
                        I was giving you a setup that could replace the NX exactly.

In order to continue to run component, and I don't know if this will even work, you will need to get two mini convertors.
                        1. HDMI to SDI
                        2. SDI to Analog

In theory this should get you back to component.

Here is the cost though.
                        Spark card $298
                        each adaptor is $295

That is $900 to continue to run the way you are doing now. Is this worth it to you?

I did see HDMI to component convertors, which I thought were illegal, for around $40. IF that is the case your cost drops drastically.
                        $298 for the Spark and
                        $40 for the convertor.
                        If it works, that would be your answer. But, I still don't know if you capture analog.
                        I haven't used analog capture since purschasing the Sony PMW-EX1 in Feb. 2009 - my "capture" only consists of downloading from an SxS card or CF card (Nanoflash).

I saw a number of HDMI to component converters on Amazon in the $ 30- $ 40 range and the customer reviews seem to indicate they work well.

I believe I have a free x1 slot on my main editing computer so I might install the Spark and try one of these converters out. I believe you can use both NX and Spark at the same time - just need to specifiy which one you use in project settings. That way I could do an A/B comparison and see if there were any notable differences in picture quality (especially on the 80" displays).

Comment

On a side note, if we can edit 10 bit in Edius 6.5 with the NX, why does it need to go away for future versions?

I know this is a sore topic with all of the past dead horses being beat, but I was under the impression it was a 10 bit thing. The NX is a great card and I am forced to stay with whatever the last version of Edius supports it as my editing monitor it component.

Barry, I would be interested to know how well the inexpensive converters work as that would be a solution going forward for me as well. Thanks.
                          Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by pegase64 View Post
                            Or switch to Storm Mobile PCIe .

HDMI input/output
                            Component Input/Output in SD/HD (1920x1080i or p)
                            Composite SD i/o

More expensive but better than multi-adaptors solution.

Pierre Néel
                            I had considered Storm Mobile but at over 4 x the cost of the Spark/ HDMI converter solution it doesn't seem cost effective. However, if the cheaper solution doesn't work that sounds like my only option.

Comment

I have a cheap HDMI to component converter from Amazon - and whilst it works, it has some odd sync issues - the cheap ones are not great.

Paul :-)
                              Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X