X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    STORMDAVE

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I don't see why you should have problems with any recent computer? I just don't recommend the lower end Dells, Gateways etc.

Try looking at Sony Vaio's, they usually have good parts in their computers...or even HP above $1,000.

Software wise, Edius should work fine.

NX Express wise, just check to see if you have 2 free PCIe slots in the machine.

Make sure the graphics card is a good leveled nVidia card (or ATI...?).

Leave a comment:

• Tobe

• Tobe
    replied
    Yep, I know that Ashley builds terrific systems and stands behind them. That still leaves my question as to whether there are any stock desktop systems out there that handle Edius very well, and that editors are happily using.

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    My rcommendation would be to contact Ashley at guy electronics. I just bought a new system from them and the service before and after the sale is outstanding not to mention the computer that they design to your specks rocks.

www.guyelectronics.com

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Tobe

• Tobe
    started a topic Off-the-shelf desktops for Edius?

Off-the-shelf desktops for Edius?

There are many specially built systems that users talk about and seem happy with to run Edius. I wonder if there are any happy Edius users with a currently available off-the-shelf desktop system, from vendors like HP, Dell, Gateway, etc.

If so, would they share the make and model numbers and specs with us? And perhaps share some experiences using these with and without an NX board-set?
Working...
X