Off-the-shelf desktops for Edius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-the-shelf desktops for Edius?

There are many specially built systems that users talk about and seem happy with to run Edius. I wonder if there are any happy Edius users with a currently available off-the-shelf desktop system, from vendors like HP, Dell, Gateway, etc.

If so, would they share the make and model numbers and specs with us? And perhaps share some experiences using these with and without an NX board-set?
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

My rcommendation would be to contact Ashley at guy electronics. I just bought a new system from them and the service before and after the sale is outstanding not to mention the computer that they design to your specks rocks.

www.guyelectronics.com

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Yep, I know that Ashley builds terrific systems and stands behind them. That still leaves my question as to whether there are any stock desktop systems out there that handle Edius very well, and that editors are happily using.
      Documentaries and Art Projects
      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
      windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031
      Many external project hard drives

Comment

I don't see why you should have problems with any recent computer? I just don't recommend the lower end Dells, Gateways etc.

Try looking at Sony Vaio's, they usually have good parts in their computers...or even HP above $1,000.

Software wise, Edius should work fine.

NX Express wise, just check to see if you have 2 free PCIe slots in the machine.

Make sure the graphics card is a good leveled nVidia card (or ATI...?).

Comment

Working...
        X