Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't start Edius and I don't know why. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't start Edius and I don't know why. Help!

A couple of days ago Edius started doing some weird things. For starters, it would tell me that I had 30 days left on my software, and to please insert the key, when the key was inserted in the same USB port it has been since around November 2010, which I only took out every now and then to vacuum the back ports in the PC. Also, Quicktitler crashed right after clicking OK on that dialog, first with some old style Visual C++ Library error and then the normal Windows 7 crash dialog.

After clicking OK Edius would open, but after a few minutes it would crash out of nowhere, with me not even working on it.

The only thing that had changed was that I installed a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card in the next slot. But I was already planning on doing a full reinstall with formatted drive, so I didn't care much.

Between last night and this morning I worked on that, and eventually I installed Edius from the disc, then downloaded and installed 6.0.7, rebooted and tried to start Edius. Keep in mind that this is a brand new install, with barely a few things on the OS.

So the first time I launched it I got a little dialog with no words, and right after clicking OK, I get another error saying that Edius failed to create an empty document, and when clicking OK to that Edius crashes. I repeated the same thing a few times with the same results, also between reboots.

I would think that the Intensity card has something to do with it, but at this point the drivers for it are not even installed, and it has no drivers from Windows update, so in the Device Manager, the Intensity is the only device showing a problem since the drivers are not installed. All the others, including the HD Spark and the HASP dongle show as working OK.

So the only thing that occurred to me to try was to swap the cards, but the have to go next to each other because the only other available slot is too close to the graphics card, which is one of those that take up a lot of space.

After swapping them it was exactly the same thing for the first few tries, and now it's going back to the behavior from before I reinstalled, which is the 30 days dialog, Quicktitler crashing, and Edius opens but I suppose it will crash in a few minutes, but I'm not even going to waste time waiting for it since I have a lot to do.

Taking out the Intensity Pro is not an option, so what else can I do?
    My system

Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @3.2 Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper212+
    RAM: GSKILL F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL 16 GB
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
    Video card: HIS Radeon 4850 1GB RAM
    Hard drives: 2 Western Digital Caviar Black Edition (one for OS, one for video), 1 WD Caviar 768 GB
    Optical drives: LG GBW-H20L Blu-Ray recorder, Pioneer DVR-217D DVD recorder, both SATA

Nevermind. It was frakking Comodo Firewall. So to anybody looking for better protection than Windows Firewall, stay away from Comodo.
    My system

Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @3.2 Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper212+
    RAM: GSKILL F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL 16 GB
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
    Video card: HIS Radeon 4850 1GB RAM
    Hard drives: 2 Western Digital Caviar Black Edition (one for OS, one for video), 1 WD Caviar 768 GB
    Optical drives: LG GBW-H20L Blu-Ray recorder, Pioneer DVR-217D DVD recorder, both SATA

Comment

Originally posted by sebazvideo View Post
      Nevermind. It was frakking Comodo Firewall. So to anybody looking for better protection than Windows Firewall, stay away from Comodo.
      you should move to Australia

99.99% of DSL modems have a built in hardware firewall

I have my windows firewall disabled and all my PC are in stealth mode

what is your modem make and model?
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X