Edius stops launching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius stops launching...

Sometimes I have the problem that EDIUS stops during it is launching.
    Then a message comes up, just telling something like "A problem occurred, and we are looking for a solution... The program will exit now." (It is in German language).
    If this happens, I have almost no chance any more to start EDIUS. The only way then is to deinstall EDIUS and then to install it again - then normaly it works again...

The PC is fairly clean, and I have no troubles with other software like Photoshop, After Effects or TMPEG Works and so on... Also no Crashes after long time continuos working and rendering...

It's a Intel core i7 with 16 GByte DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA graphic card, and with SSD-Drives for the OS (Windows 7 64 bit), and one for the programs. Project data is stored on a normal SATA drive.

I have made tests with and without using Antivirus software, but this seems to have no effect...
    And realy, I have no idea what "kind of action or activity" causes EDIUS to stop working. BTW, the EDIUS version is 6.06

Any idea how to solve this? Is there a kind of log file for each startup that could point to the reason? A debug mode maybe...?

Best regards,
    Peter

Since you are using a German language version of Windows and Edius, you might be better served by the German forum.
    From your post you have already reinstalled at least once. So, is it the same project that you are trying to open when it
    stalls? If so, your project is more than likely corrupt. You can try opening one of the auto saved files and test that.

You may want to read this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/39097-63-program

I agree with the first post. Keep it Simple.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Oh, there is also a German grass valley forum? Where?

About corrupt project file:
      I don't think so, because after reinstalling EDIUS it opens the last project without any problems and without data loss or changed data, it just says that there was an error, and that the project is write protected - thats all...

Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Try updating to 6.07 and see if the same happens
        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

German Forum is here

TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I have this same problem, English Version.

And funingly I had the same problem several nights ago with Adobe Encore. I had to reinstall it twice.

I havent done anything odd or different. It was working earlier.

I dont get a chance to load any project as I dont even see the initial Edius 'loading' screen.

Dont tell me I have to reinstall Edius too :-(

Any suggestions as to why this is happening ?

Oh, mine is version 5

Comment

Hopefully, you are running Edius 5.51.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
              X