X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juhaheiskanen
    replied
    SoundSoap Pro1

I still use Soundsoap 2 VST plugin in Edius..
    Is Pro giving any good support for Edius ? Does it work as plugin ?

BR,

Deepcore

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    I use Protools and Nuendo when i finish the audio in video projects, but i would like to get a god plugin bridge in edius so there i can use plugins from Waves directly in Edius, it saves time from exporting seperated audio tracks from Edius and importing them in to an other audio app.

Leave a comment:

• Case
    replied
    I routinely leave the Edius environment to use Sound Forge NR. It is extremely effective, plus Sound Forge is a whole lot more than juswt NR. I suspect that if you cannot accomplish the processing of audio you need in Sound Forge, you just might not be able to do it.

A few versions of Edius back, Sound Forge worked as a plug-in, but no more. Too bad for me. I'd really like to see Sound Forge plug-in support.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I also use Tmpeg for ac3 encoding

in case of a long Edius project, I export timeline wav in 2 parts

then in tmpeg I load 2 dummy movies and add the unique wav files to each dummy

then I select ac3 output and choose to join all files to a single file, take 4 minutes to do 3 hours

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Originally posted by alias View Post
    That can be done but I also have Premiere Pro. To me rendering is rendering (converting/rendering). I think Premiere Pro might work better when audio is going to be an issue. Audition rocks!

Thanks everyone.
    True, but for me learning Edius (previously Prem) and a new audio app is lots more time than in and out of audition :)

Graham

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Adobe Pro

Originally posted by alias View Post
    That can be done but I also have Premiere Pro. To me rendering is rendering (converting/rendering). I think Premiere Pro might work better when audio is going to be an issue. Audition rocks!

Thanks everyone.
    I would like to discuss Adobe Pro with you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Ted

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    I tested it in wavelab and edius with good results, they have a fully functional 30 days trial to download if you want to test it

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Originally posted by Ludde View Post
    If you have the money there is always noisefree, best i tested so far http://www.algorithmix.com/en/denoiser_pro.htm
    Sounds excellent - did you test it in Edius?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I take my audio into audtion and then save as a wav and drop it back into Edius.

Graham

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by THoff View Post
    When I had to use SoundSoap in the past, I used it to output a new PCM WAV file with clean audio, and I substituted that for the original audio in my project. It doesn't slow down Edius at all.
    I am glade I made my post. I would like to think Edius would have a True Real Time noise reduction filter or at the very least make the plugins RT. I can use Adobe Premiere and tap into the Audition software and render out.

You folks are saying if Sound Soap is applied to my project Edius will drop frames up the Wazoo? I think it might be wise for me to use Premiere for projects that need a lot of audio restoration work done. That is not to say Edius is bad but it may not be the best choice always.

Thanks for the info everyone

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    If you have the money there is always noisefree, best i tested so far http://www.algorithmix.com/en/denoiser_pro.htm

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    When I had to use SoundSoap in the past, I used it to output a new PCM WAV file with clean audio, and I substituted that for the original audio in my project. It doesn't slow down Edius at all.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Noise reduction

Originally posted by THoff View Post
    Audio noise? Edius ships with SoundSoap from BIAS.
    Just be prepeard for a lot of rendering.
    Single line of video single line of audio with sound soap, and render the whole
    project. "new top of the line computer"

Ted

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    I don't believe it was a standard component, but I believe some configurations sold by resellers came with SoundSoap.

If you don't have it, you can get SoundSoap from BIAS and install the VST plugin, it will be usable from within Edius.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X