Noise reduction plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction plugins

Are there any good noise reduction programs for Edius. I like the way Audition works. Any info would help.

Audio noise? Edius ships with SoundSoap from BIAS.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Did it ship with Edius 3.0? I am still using Edius 3.0.

Comment

I don't believe it was a standard component, but I believe some configurations sold by resellers came with SoundSoap.

If you don't have it, you can get SoundSoap from BIAS and install the VST plugin, it will be usable from within Edius.

Comment

Noise reduction

Originally posted by THoff View Post
          Audio noise? Edius ships with SoundSoap from BIAS.
          Just be prepeard for a lot of rendering.
          Single line of video single line of audio with sound soap, and render the whole
          project. "new top of the line computer"

Ted

Comment

When I had to use SoundSoap in the past, I used it to output a new PCM WAV file with clean audio, and I substituted that for the original audio in my project. It doesn't slow down Edius at all.

Comment

If you have the money there is always noisefree, best i tested so far http://www.algorithmix.com/en/denoiser_pro.htm
              A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
                When I had to use SoundSoap in the past, I used it to output a new PCM WAV file with clean audio, and I substituted that for the original audio in my project. It doesn't slow down Edius at all.
                I am glade I made my post. I would like to think Edius would have a True Real Time noise reduction filter or at the very least make the plugins RT. I can use Adobe Premiere and tap into the Audition software and render out.

You folks are saying if Sound Soap is applied to my project Edius will drop frames up the Wazoo? I think it might be wise for me to use Premiere for projects that need a lot of audio restoration work done. That is not to say Edius is bad but it may not be the best choice always.

Thanks for the info everyone

Comment

I take my audio into audtion and then save as a wav and drop it back into Edius.

Graham
                  www.myvideoproblems.com
                  Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

That can be done but I also have Premiere Pro. To me rendering is rendering (converting/rendering). I think Premiere Pro might work better when audio is going to be an issue. Audition rocks!

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludde View Post
                      If you have the money there is always noisefree, best i tested so far http://www.algorithmix.com/en/denoiser_pro.htm
                      Sounds excellent - did you test it in Edius?
                      www.wishlistcentral.com - suggest new features
                      www.buglistcentral.com - report bugs
                      www.wishlistcentral.com/edius/ - Free edius user add-ons

Comment

I tested it in wavelab and edius with good results, they have a fully functional 30 days trial to download if you want to test it
                        A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Comment

Adobe Pro

Originally posted by alias View Post
                          That can be done but I also have Premiere Pro. To me rendering is rendering (converting/rendering). I think Premiere Pro might work better when audio is going to be an issue. Audition rocks!

Thanks everyone.
                          I would like to discuss Adobe Pro with you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
                          Ted

Comment

Originally posted by alias View Post

Thanks everyone.
                            True, but for me learning Edius (previously Prem) and a new audio app is lots more time than in and out of audition :)

Graham
                            www.myvideoproblems.com
                            Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

I also use Tmpeg for ac3 encoding

in case of a long Edius project, I export timeline wav in 2 parts

then in tmpeg I load 2 dummy movies and add the unique wav files to each dummy

then I select ac3 output and choose to join all files to a single file, take 4 minutes to do 3 hours
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X