2 problems with Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 problems with Edius

First problem is my space bar quit working for 'play'. It is not the keyboard, the space bar works in other programs. I went into 'user settings' and unassigned and then reassigned the space bar to play and that didn't help.

Second problem for me is I have some 1920x1080 in the timeline (thats how the video was shot...1080p 24). I started the project in 1440x1080 yet it still says its 1920 in the timeline.
    I went to project settings and picked 1440 and hit apply but the both the timeline and bin say the video is still 1920.
    What I am trying to do is take the 1920 video and convert to 1440 for quicker editing. It's going end up on a DVD anyway.

I am running Edius 6.07

Originally posted by dreaux View Post
    First problem is my space bar quit working for 'play'. It is not the keyboard, the space bar works in other programs. I went into 'user settings' and unassigned and then reassigned the space bar to play and that didn't help.
    That is a system issue.
    Originally posted by dreaux View Post
    Second problem for me is I have some 1920x1080 in the timeline (thats how the video was shot...1080p 24). I started the project in 1440x1080 yet it still says its 1920 in the timeline.
    I went to project settings and picked 1440 and hit apply but the both the timeline and bin say the video is still 1920.
    What I am trying to do is take the 1920 video and convert to 1440 for quicker editing. It's going end up on a DVD anyway.

I am running Edius 6.07
    Switching Project settings will never convert the original asset in file and never should.

It switches the output to the set project settings.

So your clips will always be what they are shot at (1920) no matter if you choose a sd, 1280, or 1440 project.

What you are expecting is strange.....
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Like Steve said your original clips will always show their original Res and frame rate.

The Preset is only for how it is going to be output though your hardware when the timeline is being played.

So you are getting a small benefit of realtime payback by having the Preset a bit smaller in res but not a lot.

You will get a better result by having the Timeline be in SD since it is going out to DVD anyway.

As far as the Spacebar goes you have me rather stumped on that one. Could you try another keyboard just to see what happens?

Comment

Also try to make a new User profile in EDIUS and see if that cures the spacebar issue.
        It is worth a try.
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X